Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Superchip or long arm?
Superchip
34.78%
4in Long arm
56.52%
Other
8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Superchip or Lift?

Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFCrawler
Your right It's a auto with 4:10 gears

I live about 10hrs from Moab. I went down 2 times last year, and plan on going down 1-2 times this year along with doing some wheeling in CO, and CA.

Last year with stock tires and a 2.5in Teraflex budget boost I ran Poison Spider, Hell's Revenge, The Moab Rim, and Dome Plateau. I want to hit a few new ones this year.
I'll be in Moab the 1st week in May for a week
Old 01-14-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also agree that this thread is disgusting.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks you to everyone that had something constructive. It always nice to get good input from others.

To answer the question of why this thread needed a poll just look at the results of the poll. Sure this threat would have been fine without the poll, How ever I find it very interesting that the thread posters are mostly for Superchips, and at the time of this post the poll is showing that more people for the 4in long arm lift.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by AFCrawler
Thanks you to everyone that had something constructive. It always nice to get good input from others.

To answer the question of why this thread needed a poll just look at the results of the poll. Sure this threat would have been fine without the poll, How ever I find it very interesting that the thread posters are mostly for Superchips, and at the time of this post the poll is showing that more people for the 4in long arm lift.
Start with a valid question, and I'm sure you'll have different results.

Ya know, something like:
Just got bigger tires and already have a 2.5" lift. I only have $350 left. Should I get a Flashpaq to recalibrate everything and give me more power, or should I keep my speedo/odo/shift points/etc incorrect and save for a long arm lift that I don't need...

Given all of the facts, do you still think that all of those people would have chosen the long arm?? I don't...
Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I voted other. I have the Flashpaq. It is nice but the single best expenditure was 5.38 gears. Like driving a sports car compared to stock, not sure if I want 35s now.

Quick Reply: Superchip or Lift?