Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchip killed my jeep

Old 02-18-2021, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Kris, my point was to reset your whole scenario and try to forget what others had said about the situation. Why Superchips did not respond to you favorably I do not know but they may be busy, slowed down due to Covid or other reasons. As I stated before, we take our chances with aftermarket software for any vehicle (why I don't chip up my Audi R8 RWS) and yes, when we buy it we expect it to work properly. The best thing right now would be to wait (not want you want to hear) and play this one out through Superchips Corporation. That's what I would do so long as you can use the Jeep.
A good fix for mice - get a 5gal pail, screw a 1 x 3" ramp to it going up from grade to the lip at the top at about 45 degrees. Where it meets the top and 6" either side of the ramp, place a bead of peanut butter inside the bucket about 2-1/2" down. Put about 3" water in the bottom or old antifreeze if you live in a cold area. They come up, try to lick the peanut butter and whoops in they go for a swim. And now you know the rest of the story. I had a motorhome stored in a shed that was supposed to be mouse proof. I caught about 20 of the little buggers for about 2 weeks. Then it slowed to a crawl.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Sixty4x4, I do the same bucket trick with mice too. The buggers we’re tearing up my wife’s planters. Between the bucket trick and the old fashioned snap traps, mice don’t seem too interested in my back yard anymore.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Heikkila
you assume a time line. I did not plug in, then drive away. That would have been a clear correlation.
I didn’t use the truck for another 2 weeks. It sat. And with all the mice issues, when I did actually DRIVE the truck, only THEN did I see the issue with the over speed. Googled issue, posts said it can happen , disconnect battery drain capacitors. Re connect.
Few days later, tried remote start, didn’t work.. now have 2 issues...
i suck it up that I have a chewed wire or something similar due to sitting and not being used.
fully prepared to pay for a wiring fix, sent to dealer. Why would I point fingers at the flashcal for having a Speedo showing 3 mph while not moving? That’s not a Speedo issue. Superchips even said their unit re calibrates the Speedo, not bcm. Dealer found that just connecting the unit causes the bcm to fail. That’s a proper diagnostic. Without ASSUMPTIONS. No finger pointing. Proper logical diagnosis. They found the issue was the flashcal. Reset Jeep, tested, plugged in unit, bcm failed again. Empirical proof. All facts, not assumptions or guesses.
after getting the diagnosis, I then called Superchips with the info.
As a former HVAC guy, getting yelled at for something that “ we broke” during an install, when we were never even near the object in question, I make sure I have all my FACTS in a row before pointing fingers.
Okay, But I still would have put 2 and 2 together and started with SuperChip. And did SuperChip really KILL your Jeep?? You seem to have no problem overreacting with a headline like that. All is good, hope it all got worked out. We live and learn. No disrespect intended. And for the love of God it's a JEEP not a truck..

Quick Reply: Superchip killed my jeep