Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchip Flashpaq (need jeep to stay in 4th gear on freeway)

Old 01-31-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip Flashpaq (need jeep to stay in 4th gear on freeway)

So i lifted my 2009 jk. I put a 4inch lift on it with 35inch tires. It is still running the stock gearing and i would like the car to stay in higher gears. I will be going at a constant speed and it will just randomly drop a gear. I was told that the superchip would make a big difference with how the car shifts. Im kinda sick of getting 12 mpg. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Flashpaq won't fix that, nor will any other tuner. Only thing that will is re-gearing.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmonnier
So i lifted my 2009 jk. I put a 4inch lift on it with 35inch tires. It is still running the stock gearing and i would like the car to stay in higher gears. I will be going at a constant speed and it will just randomly drop a gear. I was told that the superchip would make a big difference with how the car shifts. Im kinda sick of getting 12 mpg. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
Any good tuner will help a ton. Just have to find the right one for your needs. They should all be able to fix your speedo too, cause that should be off a few MPHs with the bigger tires.

Although very costly a re-gearing will bring you back up to speed and MPGs too.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

A superchip will help you by giving a bit more power and mpgs. Like the other person said you probably need to fix your speedometer too. If you havent fixed your speedo, you wont be able to calculate your mpgs correctly. But with 35s you will probably need the regear
Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jimk403
Flashpaq won't fix that, nor will any other tuner. Only thing that will is re-gearing.
Actually the advanced transmission tuning capability will help with that. First off calibrating the speedometer will help some, but the advanced tranny tune option allows you to not only change the shift points, but also how the torque is applied. No, this isn't a substitute for re-gearing but yes it will help with the problem. I am currently testing out my Superchips Vivid for this reason

Quick Reply: Superchip Flashpaq (need jeep to stay in 4th gear on freeway)