Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchip Flashpaq Help for Noobie.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip Flashpaq Help for Noobie.

Hi everyone!

I just got my Superchips Flashpaq (3875) on my 2010 JKU Rubicon. I installed it to my 35" tires and changed the gas to 87 octane. I took it for a quick drive and it seemed like the spedometer is still off. I was pacing myself with other cars that were going slower than everyone else on a 45MPH zone and it said I was at 60 MPH. Is there a "break in period"? I know.. silly question!

Also, does anyone have a quick "how to" on setting gear ratio's and tire pressure adjustments? - Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Did you measure the Actual tire size ?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Superchip

Sounds like the tire size you selected doesn’t match the real size as measured. Check it and confirm that. My 35" procomps are actual set to 33.75" in the superchip programmer.

Second, while you’re in advance settings after selecting your 87 octane, you can select your gear ratios and everything else. I myself haven’t got the TPSM to turn off even after updating and selecting it on the superchips software but everything else works great. If you plug it in while driving you can go to advance features... and somewhere in there can’t remember right now but you can pull up all the sensors on the vehicle and view up to 4 at a time. Nice little feature if you can mount the programmer somewhere to watch them.

Any questions just PM me!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

If you plug it in while driving you can go to advance features... and somewhere in there can’t remember right now but you can pull up all the sensors on the vehicle and view up to 4 at a time. Nice little feature if you can mount the programmer somewhere to watch them.
That is what I do.
My display set up -

Coolant temp
Volts
Air Intake Temp
Transmission Temp
Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Thanks guys... as soon as I get off work, I will re-try with actual tire size. I will also try to plug it in while driving. Ill be back with more info!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep need to measure the actual size. My 35s are set at 34.5 and it almost dead on. Find one of those electronic speed signs and play with it from there.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a GPS and a electronic speed sign. My 33" duratracs are set at 32 and the MPH is within .5mph accuracy. Gear ratio should be set to whatever gears your rig is running.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

measure up those tires g! u still have my tape?! lol!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Tire size was way off. I fixed that. But one last question. There is an option for gear ratio. Is that there if I mechanically changed the ratio? Or does this tell the jeeps computer it should be "this"?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

correcto-mundo!

do u know what gears you are running?!

Quick Reply: Superchip Flashpaq Help for Noobie.