Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchip? Flashpak?

Old 08-28-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Superchips. Has anyone had ANY problems as a result?
Old 08-28-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

And maybe one of these days they will have the update available for the 2011's and i will own one as well..

I am used to programmers like this thats why i am holding off for an update. its a definite wait though..
Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine seemed to help a bit on my 08 and is now sitting in my garage useless until they get a 2012 program.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jollydodger
There are other options out there, Flashpaq used to be the default but I think they have lost the title as being the best. I have a Flashpaq, if I were in the market to buy now I would be looking hard at Bullydog etc.

Actually if anyone is looking for a used Flashpaq I would be willing to part with mine. It works fine but I am looking for more features, and hopefully better support.
Not sure what the criteria for best is here. Performance with aftermarket accessories (Diablo), Bells and Whistles (Bully Dog), Performance on a baseline powerplant (SuperChips)? Nothing I have read would make me consider getting rid of my Flashpaq unless I was going to throw on some long tube headers. Then the choice would be Diablo, and as much as there has been posted about the Bully Dog, quantifying any type of performance gains has been remiss.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPop
Not sure what the criteria for best is here. Performance with aftermarket accessories (Diablo), Bells and Whistles (Bully Dog), Performance on a baseline powerplant (SuperChips)? Nothing I have read would make me consider getting rid of my Flashpaq unless I was going to throw on some long tube headers. Then the choice would be Diablo, and as much as there has been posted about the Bully Dog, quantifying any type of performance gains has been remiss.
Alright maybe that didn't come out quite right. It used to be that Superchips was the only choice, now it is not. I also feel like their support has gone down hill.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Fair enough.

My experience with Superchips support has been nothing short of stellar. Dealt with Ron Rapp on my Dodge Ram issues, and the lead engineer for Chrysler products, on my JK when my initial issue was elevated. They've always responded to emails and I've found it best to call in the early morning hours. Haven't needed any support in a while and perhaps things have changed. Sometimes people just don't like the answers they get, ie third party components like the Viper Throttle Body not working with their product.

Anyway, haven't needed their support and don't have any idea if things have changed.

Quick Reply: Superchip? Flashpak?