Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

superchip--can the dealer tell????

Old 01-30-2015, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the SuperChips website:

Support & FAQs | Superchips

"Will my dealer know that I have installed aftermarket tuning if I return my vehicle to stock first before going to my dealer?
On most vehicles no. Superchips does not leave ghost data or a data footprint. It is highly recommended you return your vehicle to stock prior to going to a dealer for service to avoid any hassles or complications."

"Does installing a Superchips tuner void my factory warranty?
No. It is illegal for a dealership to void your warranty based solely on the fact that you have installed an aftermarket product. The dealership must prove in a court of law that an aftermarket product has decisively caused the damage to the vehicle under warranty. As a precaution, always remove the tuning before going to a dealer for service. For information regarding denial of warranty coverage, review the Magnuson-Moss warranty act."

Flashpaq user manual:
http://superchips.com/cms/wp-content...4/Flashpaq.pdf

I ALWAYS return my Jeep to stock prior to taking it in for any service, including oil change. You never know what a dealer is likely to do without telling you first if he can back-charge Chrysler because it is covered under warranty.

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 01-30-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

There is some good information in this thread, from people who actually deal with this kind of thing.

We still don't know how it all applies to the JK, though.

Quick Reply: superchip--can the dealer tell????