Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

superchargers

Old 01-10-2014, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchargers

Which super charger? how much and if I want to go to 35's on my 08 jku rubicon auto with 4:10s do i still need to regear?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay far away from sprintex/innovate superchargers!!!!!!! They do not work and have multiple hardware problems they do not last over time!!!!

Besides that look at ripp or magnuson and if a turbo suits your needs check out prodigy. Besides that for a few thousand more you can have a LS v8 installed and have all the power you need where you need it!!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check with Jeep Speed Shop (JSS). They can point you in the right direction. They are great people.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You still need to re-gear to save your transmission wear. Gives you a better crawl ratio anyway. If I were to buy a supercharger, I'd go with Ripp plus their long tube headers. I would re-gear to 5.38 with your rubi running 35's.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by horrocks007
You still need to re-gear to save your transmission wear. Gives you a better crawl ratio anyway. If I were to buy a supercharger, I'd go with Ripp plus their long tube headers.

Hi, evryone
I,m currently running a 08JK TURD
and installed a Ripp SC with intercooler and Re gear to 4.88 and installed Ripp long headers with a BORLA DUAL CAT exhaust
which runs great..
The only thing is I,m not sure if the borla Cat exhaust system is STREET LEGAL????? due to emissions check....
this is just my personal opinion
this is the best JEEP forum i,ve ever seen
very nice people with lots of knowledge to share...

cheers
Danny 767
Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
Which super charger? how much and if I want to go to 35's on my 08 jku rubicon auto with 4:10s do i still need to regear?
You are welcome to drive my Sprintex Supercharged Jeep. Innovate used our Jeep last fall to do all the tuning that was not done initially. It was tuned in California in irvine. I have not experienced the issues that "a few" are posting about. I am in San Diego. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. We are running 35's too with 4:10's and it is an Automatic, I will be going to a 4:88 gear.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running a intercooled sprintex at the moment. Runs great, good low end power and its effortless on the highway rolling heavy 35's, bumpers/winch/rails etc. mpg has stayed the same but the offset is you need 91 octane. When sprintex releases its intercooler i will be swapping mine out. The custom setup i have has some fitment issues and isnt the cleanest look. But it does work very well. jeep has consistent power and temps. Only complaint is having to rely on "other" people for a tune. In my case of a 2011. It has been poor at best. Several emails with no response. I even called one guy who told me he will work on first thing in the morning. No response. Got a dyno tune. Only way to go no matter what your driving. RIPP is a great kit but be aware it doesnt have low end grunt you might like. You will need to regear with RIPP in order to the rpms up. I personally spoke to a ripp installer who had customers with tranny issues. He steered me away!! His exact words were " too much power ". I like my 5psi twin screw, 4.88s and 35's. Never have to rev the piss out of her to get going and its quiet!

Last edited by courtsm3; 01-11-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
There's been a lot of good discussion on this thread. I have a RIPP SC and love it. See below for my rig specs. First off the RIPP produces about 8lbs of Boost max or you would need to consider strengthing the bottom end to handle the additional power. Second, consider the type of off-roading you will be doing before regarering. I run 4:88s here in ohio and it suits my needs well. Also, 4:56 will return your RPM's to stock running 35's. I didn't buy headers because the exhaust manifolds are essentialy unrestricted as the leave the enging. Increasing pipe size will get you the same thing essentially and is way cheaper. It also helps to have a good CAT Back exhaust also. RIPP comes complete with a Diablo Tuner. Pretty easy to use. Good luck in what ever way you choose to go...
Old 01-13-2014, 01:58 AM
JK Newbie

I've noticed today that http://www.magnacharger.com/p-126-je...ercharger.aspx have a kit out for the pentastar to be available from the 01/17/2014. I'm waiting to hear what that's like in comparison to to what ripp are offering. In terms of gearing your diff with 35" tires I'm running 4.88 which is MORE than enough IMO
Old 01-13-2014, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You may find this interesting: Magnuson Supercharger Pentastar Testing

Quick Reply: superchargers