Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Supercharger worth the purchase??

Old 11-07-2014 | 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJM12
One of my concerns with the sprintex is that I have read a lot of posts on various forums about some major pain in the ass programming issues installing 10-15 tunes before finally settling for the best your gonna get it. I'm worried about long term reliability and drive ability.
Have to chime in. Those programming issues where in the very beginning, I was part of that group, yes it was rough but the finale tune that is used with the diablo now works really well, shifts good, cruises great no surging of any kind. Going on 2 years now since install and it is a daily driver, no visible or audible signs of stress with 97,000 miles on the clock, 30,000 of that with the supercharger installed. I am glad I got the Sprintex and hope to be getting the intercooler by the upcoming summer for our trips. What I have read sounds like the intercooler upgrade and tune are very impressive. Wish I could give more on the intercooler but funds are holding me back right now.

Last edited by 4wheels4life; 11-07-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2014 | 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life

Have to chime in. Those programming issues where in the very beginning, I was part of that group, yes it was rough but the finale tune that is used with the diablo now works really well, shifts good, cruises great no surging of any kind. I am glad I got the Sprintex and hope to be getting the intercooler by the upcoming summer for our trips. What I have read sounds like the intercooler upgrade and tune are very impressive. Wish I could give more on the intercooler but funds are holding me back right now.
That's actually very helpful, thanks. I guess like anything else it takes a while to get things ironed out. Glad to hear it was worth it.
Old 11-07-2014 | 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

That's actually very helpful, thanks. I guess like anything else it takes a while to get things ironed out. Glad to hear it was worth it.
I can agree with 4wheels4life. We had no issues programing the JKU and it ran and still runs very smooth. The customer called us up immediately to tell us how much better his Jeep was and everyone that has driven it has been blown away by the performance.
Old 11-08-2014 | 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4X4NDAD
Just looked at innovates web site. Non inter cooled Sprintex with tuner 2499.00. Not a bad deal at all.
As I have been looking into this option. I learned that sprintex makes that kit for Innovative motorsports to their specifications and isn't supported by Sprintex. Seems sketchy to me. They are also not listed as a dealer on sprintex's website
Old 11-08-2014 | 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

As I have been looking into this option. I learned that sprintex makes that kit for Innovative motorsports to their specifications and isn't supported by Sprintex. Seems sketchy to me. They are also not listed as a dealer on sprintex's website
I can't talk to how they do business, but you are wrong about sprintex not supporting them. Sprintex made an announcement introducing innovate as a a primary dealer in North America.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/what...gers-275458/#b
Old 11-09-2014 | 03:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig

I can't talk to how they do business, but you are wrong about sprintex not supporting them. Sprintex made an announcement introducing innovate as a a primary dealer in North America.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/what...gers-275458/#b
Cool, thanks for the info.
Old 11-10-2014 | 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok, so I found out more and why the confusion around Innovate. They have stopped being the primary U.S. distributor for Sprintex for one reason or another. So, they are selling off their inventory and that is why they dropped the price. They do have a custom tune, but the standard tune and supercharger comes in the packaage. So, the product is still supported by Sprintex.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-15-2014 | 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I guess I'll find out first hand if this is a worthwhile upgrade, I just pulled the trigger on one through RPM Extreme. I had trouble passing on the price...$2500.00 . I'll be able to upgrade the kit with the inter cooler as funds allow. I'm super stoked to re power my rig!
Old 11-16-2014 | 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I guess I'll find out first hand if this is a worthwhile upgrade, I just pulled the trigger on one through RPM Extreme. I had trouble passing on the price...$2500.00 . I'll be able to upgrade the kit with the inter cooler as funds allow. I'm super stoked to re power my rig!
Excellent, I plan on installing mine December 17 th. Love to bounce ideas of of you
Old 11-16-2014 | 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig

Excellent, I plan on installing mine December 17 th. Love to bounce ideas of of you
That's cool. I'm waiting on mine to ship. I hope I'm have it this week and on by the following week. I'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Supercharger worth the purchase??