Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

supercharger install P0335 code

Old 01-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SLeepY_BoY

We have been in contact via e-mail with you, if you do require further assistance with those wires please don't hesitate to ask us : rippmods@rippmods.com

like we stated before, Jeep made it a little tricky by using the same wire colors on the same harness, concentrate on the pin number few and you'll be just fine.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxcasper
no no no - the code is there for a reason (to protect your investment and emissions) why do "people" not get that?

Please do not drive your jeep in the current condition - clearing the code is kidding yourself.

Focus on fixing the issue and the MIL will go away on its own after 4 no-fault present trips (engine run, engine off) as I described earlier. The code will then go to "pending state" for 40 warm-ups - but no big deal it's there to help dealers like I said before.

As soon as the ECU see's there is no fault present on the crank sensor (i.e. first trip after you fix the issue) it will recognise it and immediately you will drive OK (or worst case on the second trip depending on the limphome strategy).
im going to but the code clearer to see if the light comes back, not to drive the jeep, once the problem has been resolved i can clear the code and see what happens, ex: when it comes back, after how long, what did i do to make it come back,... i understant that the problem has to be resolved.... today hopefully i will post back with some positive news
Old 01-24-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh yah thx rippmods i will be in touch with my findings...
Old 01-25-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

good news, i found this new diagram in the CD that came with th SC and there was a blue wire that needed to be attached, so i did it and all codes are CLEAR, yes finally....... but now when i rev the jeep it missfires, no codes just missfiring.... it feels like its fluded with fuel..... the check engine goes and comes, when it come it blinks.....
Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same issue with my ripp just two days ago. turns out the way the harness was built was the issue. First thing, I am a radar tech for the navy for over a decade, so I'm not new to electronics. Second, I checked the wiring multiple times, when I jumped the two ECU wires i cut, there were no codes. Ripp helped allot and checked the "Blackbox" and the map sensor, both were good. At wits end two days ago the guys at Ripp refered me to a dealer/ installer to solve the issue. It was a distance and would cost some money to ditch the Jeep and get home but I was at an end. Before I left I ran a check of my wiring with a multi meter. When I was looking at the harness I noticed that the wires that bridge the ECU were normally right next to each other, except the light blue and the purple. The light blue was soldiered into the yellow wire, instead of the blue with black stripe. I brought this to the attention of the tech. rep at Ripp and he referenced it and found that it was an error. Once I corrected it, installed the "Black box", and installed the serpentine belt, the JK started right up with no codes. WHAT A RELIEF!!! Since then I've been playing around and enjoying the charger. The guys at Ripp were really helpful and bent over backwards to help me out. Most companies I've dealt with like to play the "finger-pointing" game. Last time I called was to thank them.

Quick Reply: supercharger install P0335 code