Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Supercharged penstar

Old 11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive like a grandpa (annoys my heavy footed wife to no end) and can honestly say I NEVER get in the rpm range that some people have posted the pentastar 'comes alive'. I get very respectable mileage out of the 3.8, but really it is like the 4.0 in that reving it only makes it louder. Doesn't make it go any faster. I test drove a pentastar ( in a grand Cherokee for my wife) and could feel the improvement. I just wouldn't use it like that, so it's not worth it to me. I can see why people like though.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I drove a new f150 rental the other day. I was sure that it had the big v8 in it. Looked under hood it was v6.. Auto companies are getting true power from small engines now. But always have after Mamet parts to add to it. I just wanted to know what could one get out of the penstar (Power)
Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bmore30

If you are happy with the 3.8, why do you have cai,catback,tuner etc. I know because I have the exact same thing on my '07 jku to make highway travel tolerable. I also own an 07zo6 that doesn't lack for speed. I have not put on a cai, tune etc on that because it didn't need it. I didn't buy the jk to drag race but it can barely get out of it's own way on the freeway. I have not driven a pentastar but am going to in the near future. I will either trade or put a ripp on it so that I can use it daily and not just on the weekends.
DO NOT DRIVE THE PENTASTAR. It will make your Z06 feel slow and it will never be the same.

I'd love to have a Z06 but three small children and a wife that doesn't work puts a damper on that idea.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ranjr

DO NOT DRIVE THE PENTASTAR. It will make your Z06 feel slow and it will never be the same.

I'd love to have a Z06 but three small children and a wife that doesn't work puts a damper on that idea.
No Z06(I wish), just a plain 06 Vette, which is plenty of power for me. But I always put on a CAI and Exhaust on any vehicle I own (it never breathes as it should from the factory and the aftermarket stuff is cheap enough.. Its a no brainer)

Last edited by EarlyJk; 11-29-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by matzjeep
Just barely? Kindda like the 3.8 vs 3.6, just barely.

http://youtu.be/1VzMIWlnThU
Thanks for proving my point. The mighty Hemi was getting it's ass handed to it until 3rd gear...then it started to inch away. Not bad for a smallish V6, huh?

The CRD would wipe the floor with the Pentastar because 400 lb/ft. at 1,700 RPM is addicting, trust me. But I'd still rather have more power than the 3.8 gives in place of regearing to try and correct it.

Quick Reply: Supercharged penstar