Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Supercharge or Not?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanW

Sorry don't understand, the roots sc?
Another name for twin screw. Centrifugal sc's act like a turbo, making more power as rpm rises where as a roots type sc makes more power lower in the rpm range because of its design. I had one on my Integra. I can tell you that against the same.car with a vortech supercharger (centrifugal) my car with the Eaton e60 sc on it just pulled from it until over 100 mph where the vortech started catching up. But by that time who cares. It's not.gaining by very much. And will only catch up at about 120mph.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are differences between the roots style and the twin screw style superchargers.

Twin Screw vs Roots
Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Coming from a ripp gen 2 owner, i wouldn't supercharge it. I've had my kit for about 3 months and its a major pain. I've been back and forth with the tuning department trying to fix a running/driveablilty issue and a more recent over heating issue. The tuning department usually takes 4-5 days to respond to an email, and usually you have to call and remind them about your email. Lately I have been debating on removing the kit and just running it stock.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kking08
Coming from a ripp gen 2 owner, i wouldn't supercharge it. I've had my kit for about 3 months and its a major pain. I've been back and forth with the tuning department trying to fix a running/driveablilty issue and a more recent over heating issue. The tuning department usually takes 4-5 days to respond to an email, and usually you have to call and remind them about your email. Lately I have been debating on removing the kit and just running it stock.
There are many sprintex owners here that are happy.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack

There are many sprintex owners here that are happy.
I'm very happy. . And I like my sprintex
Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kking08
Sounds like you've just had a run of bad luck and Ripp is slacking, I have had my blower on both my 07 2dr and my '10 4dr with out issues when installed on either and recieved my tune for both within 24hrs.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kojack
Sprintex or Magnusson. The roots sc produces the low end we jeep owners are after.
Sprintex is now Innovate.

It isn't a roots style it is a twin screw. Google twin screw for some good info.

The big advantage is the low end torque and small size. You do not have to re arrange the components in the engine bay to install it which makes for an easier install. The hardest part of the install is swapping the valve covers so you can access the oil fill.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Careful with google on twin screw. May not want the wife around for that one!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Careful with google on twin screw. May not want the wife around for that one!!
LOL, I think you are right.

Quick Reply: Supercharge or Not?