Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Super Swamper TSL/SX Tire

Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Swamper TSL/SX Tire

I have a buddy selling his super swamper tsl sx's in the exact size tire i was looking for, however i can't seem to find much info on these. does any body run these, any reviews? at the very least, i want to know, are the barable on the road (not noise, just in terms of handling on ice and rain), and how are they to balance? they're 36s, and I know with big tires balance is a big issue. These would become my DD's, so let me know if you have any info at all!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swampers are the ultimate off road tire. However the ones your buddy has are not radials, they won't drive great on road, and won't last real long either. They do look awesome though.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran them before. They work exceptionally well off-road. They slide easily on ice. They flat spot overnight when cold like most bias-ply tires. I never bothered trying to balance them so I can't comment on that. They wear very quickly on road. I got less then 15k miles out of them.

For a rig that gets wheeled a lot and driven on the street occasionally they are ok. I wouldn't put them on a DD though.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Ah really? Lame. I wonder if I can get them cheap enough to make it worth it to use for 15k. I mean, are they at least safe to drive on the highway?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Bias ply tire should really only be on a wheeler not a dd
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jesse0376
Bias ply tire should really only be on a wheeler not a dd
i guess when i say dd, i mean it's my only vehicle, so even though i try to wheel the shit out of my jeep, i still have to drive it the 20 miles a day for work. so thats why i was hoping this might be useable. obviously if they're terrible as a street tire i wont even bother with them, but that's what it sounds like. sadface
Old 12-01-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

You could get cheap steel rims and put them on for wheeling and keep your stocks for DD if you have the room for them that is.

I had Swamper SSR radials and they were a great compromise for on/off road but still wore faster than other mud radials.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

haha i would love to do that, but pretty sure my wife would murder me all kinds of dead. and since i'm in boston, its still a good hour of driving to get anywhere to wheel. hence the need for something driveable on the highway
Old 12-01-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
haha i would love to do that, but pretty sure my wife would murder me all kinds of dead. and since i'm in boston, its still a good hour of driving to get anywhere to wheel. hence the need for something driveable on the highway
Eh, since she'll be pissed about the tires anyway, just get yourself an off road trailer and haul the tires to the trail!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with renpia on this... My buddy has a set of these for his taco and they are amazing in NE trails. He kept his factory wheels and tires for dd purposes. He got a trailer big enough for the set of swampers and just changes them over at the trailhead using a cordless impact. The tires and trailer might cost less than a set of roadworthy MT's.

...damn, why didn't I just do that?!?

Quick Reply: Super Swamper TSL/SX Tire