Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SUMMER TOP IDEAS for a 4 Door

Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUMMER TOP IDEAS for a 4 Door

Hey all, got my Mopar Sun Bonnet today (looks much better than the defective one they first sent) so now I need some input on a deck cover. They range from $ 46 to $160 and all look the same. Anybody have the Smittybuilt or the Pavement ends covers? I usually buy the Bestop stuff but thought I would check on the others first to see if quality was the same. I am thinking of not getting a cover extension because it appears that it would need to be a pretty good sideways rain to get inside. Any info appreciated !
Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought and installed the Smittybuilt deck cover 2 weeks ago. The cover is durable and seals well along the jeep rail. After a weekend of heavy rain, I have to say that it did a much better job keeping out the moisture than my bestop bikini top did. The cargo area was almost completely dry, with just a little moisture at the base of the roll bar, while my bestop biking leaked like a siv. I had water running down all four doors, with the carpet in the floor boards completely saturated. I would definitely recommend the Smittybuilt. At less than $70, it is a much better value than some of the competitors' covers.

Originally Posted by IN the BLACK
Hey all, got my Mopar Sun Bonnet today (looks much better than the defective one they first sent) so now I need some input on a deck cover. They range from $ 46 to $160 and all look the same. Anybody have the Smittybuilt or the Pavement ends covers? I usually buy the Bestop stuff but thought I would check on the others first to see if quality was the same. I am thinking of not getting a cover extension because it appears that it would need to be a pretty good sideways rain to get inside. Any info appreciated !

Quick Reply: SUMMER TOP IDEAS for a 4 Door