Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suggestions for real roll cage (not bolt-in)

Old 06-25-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Suggestions for real roll cage (not bolt-in)

I'm looking to add a full weld-in cage on my 2013 2 door. I want to retain the rear seat and ability to have small rear seat passengers. I wont run a hardtop, but will use the factory soft top. I'm familiar with the poly kit, but that is about all I know. I'm in eastern MI and not aware of anyone offering custom cages, but I like the Poly as it was designed for a JK with some thought behind it.

I'm open to ideas, and suggestions (from people who know what they are talking about). Thanks for the help.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The River Raider weld in cage isnt a bad kit. I installed mine a few years ago and it fit nice. Granted that was the only weld in available then.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I'm looking to add a full weld-in cage on my 2013 2 door. I want to retain the rear seat and ability to have small rear seat passengers. I wont run a hardtop, but will use the factory soft top. I'm familiar with the poly kit, but that is about all I know. I'm in eastern MI and not aware of anyone offering custom cages, but I like the Poly as it was designed for a JK with some thought behind it. I'm open to ideas, and suggestions (from people who know what they are talking about). Thanks for the help.
Over the weekend last week I got to see a lot of neat setups at a Jeep Jamboree, there was a woman there with an ORF roll cage, I'm not 100% sure if it was welded in place

Matthew
Old 06-25-2014, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Over the weekend last week I got to see a lot of neat setups at a Jeep Jamboree, there was a woman there with an ORF roll cage, I'm not 100% sure if it was welded in place

Matthew
It's designed to be bolt in and they don't make it anymore.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JE8154
It's designed to be bolt in and they don't make it anymore.
Bummer

It looked great and very complete

Matthew
Old 06-25-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dhughes
The River Raider weld in cage isnt a bad kit. I installed mine a few years ago and it fit nice. Granted that was the only weld in available then.
Looks awesome!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Rockhard had a very nice bolt in cage
Old 06-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor

We would recommend the Synergy (poly) cage. Other than this we would recommend having a custom cage built for you. The River Raider cage mentioned attaches to the factory cage which does not offer a huge amount of protection. The Synergy cage completely removes the factory cage and goes to the frame and not the body. In a violent enough roll over it is possible that the factory cage can either collapse or puncture through the body panels it is mounted to.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Find someone with a bender and and notcher and get to work! Just don't copy mine.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Find someone with a bender and and notcher and get to work! Just don't copy mine.
I'm copying yours to the T. Lol.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for real roll cage (not bolt-in)