Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suggestions for my first jeep

Old 04-16-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for my first jeep

I just bought my first jeep - 2011 JKU rubi. I knew I wanted to modify it, but have been overwhelmed by the number of choices. Does anyone have suggestions? It's my daily driver but I want bigger wheels and tires which requires a lift and fenders but not sure where to go. Also want bumpers and offside lights. Please help
Old 04-16-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

What's your budget?
How big do you want to go?
Old 04-16-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

And what do you want to do with your Jeep (type of wheeling, if any)?
Old 04-16-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

If you don't intend on doing a lot of off roading a budget boost and 35's is a great choice for looks and driveability. Keeping the stock springs keeps the lift cost down and the ride similar to stock,
Old 04-16-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Budget is not an issue but I don't want to spend unnecessary money. I will go offroad occasionally but it is more of a daily driver. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you are going to go bigger wheels, then you will want to plan on getting a Superchips tuner and potentially new gears depending on how much bigger you want to go.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

I just bought my first jeep in october 2010...no experience coming from a twin turbo 350z and supercharged benz. I just now modded my jeep last month. I changed my mind so many times on what I wanted to do with it. My suggestion is to just give it a few months and collectively compile ur thoughts on the other jeeps in forum; that way u can read, research, & learn about which direction u may go. Hope this helps goodluck!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Evimero
I just bought my first jeep in october 2010...no experience coming from a twin turbo 350z and supercharged benz. I just now modded my jeep last month. I changed my mind so many times on what I wanted to do with it. My suggestion is to just give it a few months and collectively compile ur thoughts on the other jeeps in forum; that way u can read, research, & learn about which direction u may go. Hope this helps goodluck!
Evi -- I like the look of your JK

Sam
Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Evimero
Looks great!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Heresy

Since this is your first Jeep,( and it already is quite capable as a stock Rubicon), would it be too much to ask that you let it educate you in stock form before you jump on the Mods bandwagon? Knowing your vehicle's limits and capabilities can be a delightful learning curve, and the thrill of skillfully driving a stock vehicle trumps poser mods every time. The Jeep experience is about learning skills, not just throwing $ at it until it looks "right". Take time to travel the road...

Quick Reply: Suggestions for my first jeep