Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suggestions fix my Rollover Feeling on JKU 5.5 Lift

Old 10-20-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions fix my Rollover Feeling on JKU 5.5 Lift

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161020_173835.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	659341Click image for larger version

Name:	20161020_173832.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	659340Click image for larger version

Name:	20161020_173825.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	659339Hello fellow Jeepers,, factor problem going on with my Jeep.. First heres the lift I got on it. I got a Rubicon 2011 Manual JKU

MAIN PROBLEM IS I FEEL LOT OFF ROLLOVER ON THE JEEP. I HAVE ALREADY ADJUSTED THE SWAY BAR LINKS TO DIFFERENT MEASUREMENTS AND DOESN'T NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. THE SMALLER THEY CAN GET TOO IS "14" BOLT TO BOLT.So i need some Input off you guys please what I could do??The jeep doesn't not Pulls to the sides,, alignment feels good...

I recently had the High Steering Drag Relocation Bracket installed to stop the feeling off the jeep going everywhere(fixed). Alignment done as well.

All adjustable Controls arms upper,lowers front and rear from Rockkrawler, Short Base,, (Not Long Arm)

Fox Steering stabilizer
Stock Rear and Front Sway Bar with Evo Links at "14" bolt to bolt
5.5 Coil Springs
37 Tires
Adjustable Trac Bar Rear and Front
Adjustable Steering Drag Link
Relocation Bracket for High steer Drag Link
RockKrawler Tie Rod
Fox 2.0 Shocks

Last edited by Offroadtoys4x4Jk; 10-20-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First and easiest suggestion is to lower that obnoxious lift height. It is in no way needed to run a 37" tire and is very difficult to achieve a descent caster number running a stock axle with that much lift. Running that lift height will give you significant body roll regardless of raising your tracbars and draglink. Drop that lift down a couple inches and you will see a drastic improvement in handling both on and offroad

Second suggestion is if you would like to keep that lift height would be to get an aftermarket axle housing with increased caster built in. That will still not address your body roll and stability of the vehichle just simply help it drive straighter
Old 10-20-2016, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

I really appreciate that input you suggested... From all the stuff I have thought and read,, you sound about correct,,, that lift is too high.... I think i will change the springs to 4in... 2nd what do you mean by Obnoxious lift and axle housing ? If is what am thinking, i do have poison spyder cover diff,,,,

Originally Posted by Monte417
First and easiest suggestion is to lower that obnoxious lift height. It is in no way needed to run a 37" tire and is very difficult to achieve a descent caster number running a stock axle with that much lift. Running that lift height will give you significant body roll regardless of raising your tracbars and draglink. Drop that lift down a couple inches and you will see a drastic improvement in handling both on and offroad

Second suggestion is if you would like to keep that lift height would be to get an aftermarket axle housing with increased caster built in. That will still not address your body roll and stability of the vehichle just simply help it drive straighter
Old 10-20-2016, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadtoys4x4Jk
I really appreciate that input you suggested... From all the stuff I have thought and read,, you sound about correct,,, that lift is too high.... I think i will change the springs to 4in... 2nd what do you mean by Obnoxious lift and axle housing ? If is what am thinking, i do have poison spyder cover diff,,,,
What I mean is a stock axle housing has whats called 6 degrees of separation between caster and pinion angle (front pinion/driveshaft). From the factory the stock caster is 4.2 degrees of caster and 1.8 degrees of pinion give or take. The more you lift the more difficult it is to have a happy driveline angle while running close to factory caster. If you have 5.5 inches of lift and tried to run 4.2 degrees of caster you may have some serious driveline complications such as a vibrations resulting from ujoint bind from your front. The rezzpa joint on the transfer case side of your driveshaft being in a constant state of misalignment may cause that joint to wear prematurely as well. I keep my suspension ride height at around 3" (running 37s like you) just to keep my driveline happy both in the front and rear (btw your rear driveline will need some serious attention with this lift height). Because of trimming and flat fenders im able to run 2" bumpstops all around which gives me 5" of uptravel up front and 6" down. In the rear im 5" up and 5" down. Probably the same travel you have with that high lift or maybe even more. Do some research and read around these forums tons of good info on how to properly set up your suspension
Old 10-20-2016, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Wow that was serious good information you provide,,, it seems all makes sense.. I did put aftermarket drive shafts,, i got adams drive shafts front n rear.. Bump stops "2" rear and front... Thanks once again.. probably am going have to sell this coil springs and go with teraflex 4 inch springs
Old 10-20-2016, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

By rollover feeling, you mean body roll when cornering? Or some other kind of wandering flighty steering or funky handling?

Do you have a rear trackbar raise/lower bracket? How parallel to the ground is that trackbar?

I am confused a bit by your high steer comments. Up front, were both the draglink and trackbar raised from the axle? Lowered from the frame? Just one of them? Are they currently roughly parallel to each other?

Link measurements don't really mean anything for us. Are the swaybars themselves roughly parallel to the ground?

What are the alignment specs?

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-20-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

I wish i can answer all your answer to help me out but i dont have all measures. I took to a jeep guy and he align and did the rear n front trac bar to the best he could,, but as when am driving, it doesnt not pulls to the side at all... is just feels like the jeep wants go everywhere on the road,,, it moves a lot,,,, no dead wobble either
Old 10-20-2016, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Post pictures of the front and rear ends. Good pictures, where we can see the entire length of the axle and suspension from straight on.

You're lifted 5.5 inches without long arms...that doesn't sound too road friendly. Lower your lift height for sure.

Last edited by BoraBora; 10-20-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroadtoys4x4Jk
Bump stops "2" rear and front
You have 2'' bumpstops and a 5.5'' lift
Old 10-20-2016, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hcog ftl.

Quick Reply: Suggestions fix my Rollover Feeling on JKU 5.5 Lift