Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suggestions for first mod to JKU Arctic Editon

Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime8
I got 2010's special edition with most of the same basic upgrades yours has, except the mountain edition has different colors... My first step, and I did it all at once, was to install 5.13 gears in front and rear, 3.5" Rock Krawler Flex system with jk tuned Fox Shox, Spidertrax wheel spacers, and 35" wrangler MT/R Kevlar tires. This is a great setup, especially with the procal tuner to set gear ratio and tire size. I am extremely happy with my choice and given a new stock jk, I would start the modding the same way.
Thanks for sharing.

Are you running any lockers? If not is the stock set up holding up ok? What kind of terrain do you ride on mostly?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
No its not available yet for the 12s. I would get sliders first,
Good to go. Thank you.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
if you plan on wheeling your jeep, rocker guards are what i would get first as the plastic side steps you have now will get destroyed. while lockers are nice to have, i might try getting a small lift and bigger tires first as there's a lot you can do with just that. bumper would be a nice next addition. if you can still afford lockers after that, a rear one may be all that you need and keeping your front 30 open will prolong its life.
Destroyed this was my 07 first offroad trip...Jeep was 3 monthes old Yea it depends on what kinda wheeling your gonna do...becuz i wheel mostly in sand at the beach i dont need a high articulation lift IMHO so i went with a BB on both my jeeps to keep the stock ride but able to fit bigger tires...on my 07 4 door i went with the 2.5 teraflex BB and a 3/4 skyjacker spacer up front to level it out after putting a front bumper and winch on...the added LBS in front warranted the the spacer..then put 35s on 17in rims...i always wanted to re-gear but never did....my 2 door with the new engine is a rocket compared to the 07, so you maybe ok with out re-gearing depending on what size tires u go with

Last edited by Bamoman; 02-16-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bamoman
Destroyed this was my 07 first offroad trip...Jeep was 3 monthes old Yea it depends on what kinda wheeling your gonna do...becuz i wheel mostly in sand at the beach i dont need a high articulation lift IMHO so i went with a BB on both my jeeps to keep the stock ride but able to fit bigger tires...on my 07 4 door i went with the 2.5 teraflex BB and a 3/4 skyjacker spacer up front to level it out after putting a front bumper and winch on...the added LBS in front warranted the the spacer..then put 35s on 17in rims...i always wanted to re-gear but never did....my 2 door with the new engine is a rocket compared to the 07, so you maybe ok with out re-gearing depending on what size tires u go with

I think the rock sliders might be getting towards the top of the list! Thanks for the picture.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bamoman

What did this (so I can watch out for it)?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jgerhard
What did this (so I can watch out for it)?
this trail here, was a rock middle door high and a tree that fell over the trail and was sawed of and removed...tire slipped off rock and slid to tree...was a tight fit and my trail guide sucked )

this is a look down the trail tree on left

Last edited by Bamoman; 02-16-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

upgrades ive done on the new Artic are in Sig....here a few pics

Old 02-16-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also a member on here with a really nice Yeti. He has the AEV hood and lots of other goodies.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
There is also a member on here with a really nice Yeti. He has the AEV hood and lots of other goodies.
I'll keep an eye out for him. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_JK
What do you guys think I should do for my first mod?? I don't like the idea of not having lockers so with that said ...

What do you think should be the first upgrade? 1)OX cable Lockers front Dana 30 rear Dana 44 approx.($2500), 2)($1000) ramsey winch, or 3)bumpers and rock sliders shock works ($1900)?

Only American made parts for me.
I'd go with protection first, then locers, and then a winch. However, if budget allows two of those three, then do them.

I wasn't aware the Ramsey had any winches left which were USA made?

Quick Reply: Suggestions for first mod to JKU Arctic Editon