Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

suck down winch in the front

Old 01-15-2015, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainGeech
Looks like you have a lot of extra line on that winch for your application in case you care about weight. Then again, if you're trying to weight the front-end, it will only help.
That is only ten feet of cable. A winch needs a good amount of line to ensure it doesn't come off the drum. I could maybe cut a foot or two off, but not any more. This cable weights about one pound.

The entire winch weighs under 20 lbs. I'm not at all worried.

Last edited by Ringer; 01-15-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Ringer, the design is excellent. You accounted for twisting and bending. Well designed. I absolutely love it.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Ringer, the design is excellent. You accounted for twisting and bending. Well designed. I absolutely love it.
Thanks. Hope it gives you some good ideas. It was a little tricky to come up with an idea that kept clear of the steering box.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, I can see that... Now I have to find the time to build one. Married with children and grandchildren really eats into my time. All great times mind you, but time all the same.

Quick Reply: suck down winch in the front