Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

suck down winch... anyone?

Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our TJ has a very short wheelbase that is combined with a very flexable coil suspension. I can see this as being an issue on the TJ. Never had this issue with my older leaf sprung Jeeps. Never had this issue with my older lifted XJ or WJ either
As for my 4 dr JK, I can not see this being an issue unless I were to go with a very big lift, (in excess of 4 inches). My JK has a well balanced suspension with a much longer, wider, wheelbase than the TJ. I can easily see adding a 3 inch lift and never seeing the effect of the front end unloading on an uphill
Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little off topic ...

Instead of manipulating the URL so it is not an actual link can't you just uncheck the "Automatically parse links in text" below the message box when posting. Then the URL can be copy and pasted easily without having to reorganize it properly.

Is there a reason people take the time to space out letters instead of unchecking the box. Seems like it would take less time.

Just curious.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forget suck down winches... just get Hydro shocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEvjqiiMhg

Quick Reply: suck down winch... anyone?