Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stupid question about shocks?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question about shocks?

Ok so I bought a 2.5 RK max travel with bilstein shocks a few months ago. I am waiting to install until I have everything I need...tires, wheels, driveshaft, etc. My question is, are the shocks ok to just sit in the box as long as they stay compressed? And if so how long? It's going to be a while until I get everything I need and just want to make sure I'm not gonna screw up anything....thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lulu2533
Ok so I bought a 2.5 RK max travel with bilstein shocks a few months ago. I am waiting to install until I have everything I need...tires, wheels, driveshaft, etc. My question is, are the shocks ok to just sit in the box as long as they stay compressed? And if so how long? It's going to be a while until I get everything I need and just want to make sure I'm not gonna screw up anything....thanks in advance.
Doesn't matter compressed or uncompressed.....it will be fine.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Normal shocks installed on your jeep will forever be "compressed" by the weight of the vehicle. They are a mechanical object designed for such a purpose. They come fully compressed when new for easier install.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply: Stupid question about shocks?