Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stupid Noob Question, What bolt pattern

Old 12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Noob Question, What bolt pattern

What bolt pattern does my JK have? Im looking at wheels and want to make sure to order the right thing.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 AM
JK Junkie

5x5.....check out this thread

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/modified-tech-faq-answers-questions-every-newbie-has-18617/
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

5x5...enjoy
Old 12-30-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BaltChief

Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are going to a larger tire where you would need 3.5 - 4.5 inch backspacing, look into some spidertrax adapters. You can change the bolt pattern to whatever you like.

When I was wheel shopping, there weren't too many 5x5 wheels to choose from, but you can get pretty much anything in a 5x5.5 So I just bought adapters which changed the bolt pattern from 5x5 to 5x5.5 and it also acted as a 1.5" spacer. You will find most aftermarket wheels will come with around 5" backspacing. With the adapter, it reduced my backspacing to 3.5" (pushing the tires out) which gave me enough room to clear the 37s from full lock either way.

Just a little warning.... Once you start, you just can't stop... I find myself constantly looking on here for different things to do to my JK. This is by far the most informative forum with a bunch of great guys/gals willing to lend a hand or advice for anything...

Quick Reply: Stupid Noob Question, What bolt pattern