Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stumbles at Idle - Hypertech?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stuka
My bone stock JK does this. Has since day one. And there are many threads on it. I was considering a hypertech for the extra power (how is yours BTW?) and I was hoping it would fix the issue.

But I am still thinking the issue is because its a V6 without balance shafts.
I need to update mine and reprogram but so far I haven't noticed much difference in power but I'm only on my 3rd tank. I also haven't tried the premium program yet so the jury is still out.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJK
I need to update mine and reprogram but so far I haven't noticed much difference in power but I'm only on my 3rd tank. I also haven't tried the premium program yet so the jury is still out.
With an automatic transmission you should be noticing better seat of the pants performance with shift points and torque converter lock up management. Power is very much debatable, especially for those who have made intake/exhaust performance enhancements prior to the installation of the Hypertech. It very much seems that the intake/exhaust/programmer have diminishing returns as you add more of them. The first upgrade you do is likely to provide the biggest performance pop, and from then on likely less than advertised.

Quick Reply: Stumbles at Idle - Hypertech?