Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stuck in water, now it wont start

Old 07-21-2015, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say, if you get dashboard disco lights it might be the sway bar. Other option, if it lights up but the starter doesn't engage, try the hammer to the starter trick. I've seen muddy water cause the starter to jam and nit be able to engage the flywheel.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ I second that. Had the same issue
Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by orangedude71
I'd say, if you get dashboard disco lights it might be the sway bar. Other option, if it lights up but the starter doesn't engage, try the hammer to the starter trick. I've seen muddy water cause the starter to jam and nit be able to engage the flywheel.
I'll check tomorrow, and be back with an update! Thank you so much for your help
Old 07-26-2015, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

So tapping the starter didn't work... And unplugging the swaybar wire didn't work. But I unplugged the swaybar fuse and she started right up!

Quick Reply: Stuck in water, now it wont start