Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stuck shaft

Old 04-24-2015, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Stuck shaft" this is where i reply, that's what she said.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Should just need a new shaft then. Get some chromo shafts and be done. Ten Factory seems to be the best about warranty should you bend or break one.
I've been debating this or just throwing a set of stock shafts for the meantime till I can put something under the jeep that actually handle the weight/ tires like a full floater. I know the warranty of ten factory but what is the actual strength gain? I feel with these stock axles depending how you beef them up you can pick your weak link but I'd rather eliminate that completely. My goal is to take it easy and build some tons so I can sell the stockers and recoup the cost.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenRubi
Would you suggest a set of these for running 37's on d44 Rubi axles BEFORE any damage is done? Is it a big upgrade from stock? Regarding the aftermarket shafts
The rear D44 is a pretty solid axle. Low pinion and a large ring & pinion. It's rare to hear of failures other than the bent axle shaft flanges or axle shaft bearings. The chromo shafts for the rear aren't really that expensive and are definitely stronger. Not a bad upgrade. If it were me, I'd weld the tubes to the diff to prevent any tube twist (or truss).
Old 04-24-2015, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
The rear D44 is a pretty solid axle. Low pinion and a large ring & pinion. It's rare to hear of failures other than the bent axle shaft flanges or axle shaft bearings. The chromo shafts for the rear aren't really that expensive and are definitely stronger. Not a bad upgrade. If it were me, I'd weld the tubes to the diff to prevent any tube twist (or truss).
Cool, thanks. That's good to know. Seems like it'd be a good idea to upgrade the shafts and carry the stocks just as an insurance policy on the trail. I appreciate the info.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I accidentally ripped out the speed sensor wire from the plug so two metal prongs are showing. Does anyone know how to go about replacing this?

Quick Reply: Stuck shaft