Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stuck on DFC (Dead F'n Center) on next mod.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stuck on DFC (Dead F'n Center) on next mod.

Check the signature. Thinking about a couple of different options, help. My budget on this round is about $350ish or less.

1) Exhaust- make it sound better... have to relocate EVAP probably, .. What one?
2) Bilstien 5100 shocks, I have X shocks on extension brackets.. They are ok but highway bumps suck. Could stick it out but hmmm.
3) Suspension is dialed in pretty good but do I need LCA or something else? I have used tires so wear is not a big deal but what about the next round. I really don't know what if anything I need. Have bilstien SS.
4) Smittybilt tailgate storage and Tuffy conceal drawer, something else fun.
5) Snorkel... Looks cool, not much function for me, but still nice.. fun install
6) New driveshaft, boot is ripped on Front but is running fine
7) You tell me.

Overall I offroad about every 6 weeks or so. Onroad I'm not over sensative to MPG or anything like that. Just want it manageable enough that the Wife can drive it safely on the rare occassion that she does. Help me out!

Last edited by Deere_Jeep; 08-26-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about Buying a flo-pro muffler( think flowmaster 40 series, and a 90 degree mandrel bent elbow, and building your own exhaust for sub $50, re using the slip joint and tailpipe sections of the existing exhaust. Then add a Superchip to make the most of the K&N and exhaust. Then resell the procal to fund #4 on your list.. WIN, WIN, and a little more WIN?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TROUPP
How about Buying a flo-pro muffler( think flowmaster 40 series, and a 90 degree mandrel bent elbow, and building your own exhaust for sub $50, re using the slip joint and tailpipe sections of the existing exhaust. Then add a Superchip to make the most of the K&N and exhaust. Then resell the procal to fund #4 on your list.. WIN, WIN, and a little more WIN?
Great info on an exhaust option. What will the Supership do that the Procal won't? K&N is just the drop in filter! Keep 'em coming. Thanks for the help, I'm stuck in search hell!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by richmanyou
IMO shocks. Will change the feel.

Then lcas. I added them to my 2.5 and it took the flightiness away. Not that is was bad, but it was way better after.
Great Feedback, LCA's, any recommendations on brand? Wife says the steering is "loose" compared to her '06 GC. What else can I fix?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Shocks are a good option, anyone else have an opinion? Will Lca's help with alignment and future tire wear? Not really worried about the current set.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest Rock Krawler LCAs also, solid as hell and make a huge difference!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a no brainer. If you have a part that is broken, then that should be your first priority. Don’t for get to grease your new drive shaft every six months or more if you go in sand or water.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Shocks, LCA's and F.Driveshaft are all in the running based on feedback. Anyone else.

This is not the last round of Mods, at all. I just like to take baby steps in the money I spend. Anyone say just put on a snorkel or exhaust and have fun?
Old 08-27-2011, 04:23 AM
JK Freak

Did not sleep well at all last night. Still not sure what to buy. Help!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

leaning toward shocks? Anyone have another opinion?

Quick Reply: Stuck on DFC (Dead F'n Center) on next mod.