Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stuck between lifts..Please help decide!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I see picky's now Teraflex, easily upgraded and always on here to give feedback and help. Pay a little more and get the best( quality, customer service, etc.) I absolutely luv my control arms, I think I might go outside and rub them right now.
Or you can have your wife rub them and youcan take more pics!

I know tha TF has a lot of followers around here and i see that they do give great CS. I would just like to hear something from the RE crowd. Is it a good lift? Problems? All i have read against the RE lift is that the swaybar disco bracket gets bent, but thats on the 4.5 LA kits.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a RE crowd but most of them converted, a couple of them broke down on the trail and haven't been seen since.

J/K. They make nice stuff, I have never owned their products so I cannot say if they are better or worse that TF. I have owned many lifts over the years, and I have been very pleased with TF. I will likely use them from now on.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

I haven't converted!!!! I've met Joe and wheeled with him on the trail. He is a stand up guy and in knowledgeable with his product.

I still love my RE kit though. Even with the radius arm naysayers, its hard to argue against the Superflex as its still a 5 link system.

That being said, I'd most likely redesign my own LA system if I was going with a 14" coilover system... EVO or KING shock hint hint
Old 06-18-2009, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex ALLLLLLLLLL the way man, great product and great people
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does the RE kit you linked include shocks? I'm guessing no, which is why it is so much cheaper.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Basicaly, youll be buying coil springs + hardware. Both kits definatly compares in quality. Both kits are upgradable in the very same way, both kits will give you 4in+ of lift, and both company will stand behind their products and give you assistance if you ever need some (email or phone).

Now to compare both kits, you get 2 extended flexible ss brake lines and quick discos with TF. New brake lines are nice, but not essential, relocation brackets do the job just right. Quick discos are needed if youre planning to go offroad (only if you have a Sahara or X. Rubys dont need it)

On the other hand, RE gives you a front ajustable trackbar, which is way more important then having brake lines/discos at this time because you will actually need to have your trackbar about ½’’ longer with a 3-4’’ lift in order to have your front axle perfectly centered. Plus, if you ever come to lift it even more, youll have the trackbar already installed.

So imo, there is no reason to pay 30%+ for the TF kit. Get the RE and quick discos of your choice, and youll end up with a more complete lift for less.

Btw, any plan for the shocks ?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azeeb
Does the RE kit you linked include shocks? I'm guessing no, which is why it is so much cheaper.
I think neither kits includes shocks;
Old 06-18-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dooz
Basicaly, youll be buying coil springs + hardware. Both kits definatly compares in quality. Both kits are upgradable in the very same way, both kits will give you 4in+ of lift, and both company will stand behind their products and give you assistance if you ever need some (email or phone).

Now to compare both kits, you get 2 extended flexible ss brake lines and quick discos with TF. New brake lines are nice, but not essential, relocation brackets do the job just right. Quick discos are needed if youre planning to go offroad (only if you have a Sahara or X. Rubys dont need it)

On the other hand, RE gives you a front ajustable trackbar, which is way more important then having brake lines/discos at this time because you will actually need to have your trackbar about ½’’ longer with a 3-4’’ lift in order to have your front axle perfectly centered. Plus, if you ever come to lift it even more, youll have the trackbar already installed.

So imo, there is no reason to pay 30%+ for the TF kit. Get the RE and quick discos of your choice, and youll end up with a more complete lift for less.

Btw, any plan for the shocks ?
This is exactly what i needed to hear..whats more important to have!

I ordered the RE kit from Northridge4X4 and gave me a good deal. As for shocks, i know that neither kit came with them because i wanted to go with something else. I have read that the RE shocks are stiff and OME is what everyone likes. I am still going to do a little more reading before i decide what shocks i go with. Im liking the fox shocks!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running the OME long travel shocks on my Teraflex 3". They are pretty nice.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

That RE lift uses cam bolts to adjust driveline angles. Cam bolts are a cheap way to fix the angles and break easily. However at least it addresses the problem. I'd get the TF kit but with some adjustable arms. OR get the RE kit and use the cam bolts tell you have the dough to buy adjustable control arms to replace the cam bolts.

Quick Reply: Stuck between lifts..Please help decide!