Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stuck between lifts..Please help decide!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck between lifts..Please help decide!

So what do you guys think?

This one?:
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1151200
TeraFlex JK Wrangler 3in Lift Kit w/o Shocks

This system includes a 3in lift kit, shocks, front swaybar disconnects, rear swaybar links, rear trackbar bracket, bumpstops and all necessary hardware. This kit will allow you to run up to a 35in tire (aftermarket wheels with 4.5in backspacing or less are required). Fits all JK Wranglers including Rubicon and Unlimited.
Price: $899.95 @ NR and 759.99 @ TF

or this one?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...p?prod=RE-7142
Rubicon Express:

Rubicon Express JK 3.5in Standard Kit 4-Door

Raising the bar once again; Rubicon Express brings the Off-Road industry a great performing, low cost 3.5 inch suspension system for the Wrangler JK. Rubicon Express brought the first Long arm suspension for the JK Wrangler back in 2006, setting an industry standard that all other suspension manufacturers strive to reach. Rubicon Express uses their expertise to create an affordable, budget minded suspension package that is packed with impressive features and provides outstanding performance. The new RE7122/RE7142 Standard lift system provides 3.5 inches of added tire clearance for JK Wranglers. Featuring an adjustable front track bar, front and rear replacement coil springs, front and rear cam bolts for caster and pinion adjustment, bump stops, rear track bar bracket, brake line relocation brackets, and rear extended sway bar end links. The factory control arms and other components are retained. The RE7122/RE7142 system performs smoothly on and off the trail. This suspension will allow the use of 33 x 12.5 to 37 x 12.5 tires. As a bonus, the RE7122/RE7142 has been engineered to be easily upgraded to a 3.5 or 4.5-inch Super-Flex™ system.
Price: $579.95

Im leaning over more towards the RE lift just because of price differences and RE is also pretty well known. I can spend the extra mone on other goodies.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, links did not work so i C & P the lift info!

Last edited by JK-IZ; 06-17-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Linky's not worky for me, say's links broke.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say the TF, great quality and AWESOME customer service!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Looks like Linkys worky now!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Between these two, TF has my vote. BTW if you add pictures, more people might chime in . We like pictures, even if we've seen them a million times.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cyruspura
Between these two, TF has my vote. BTW if you add pictures, more people might chime in . We like pictures, even if we've seen them a million times.
Pics added to OP.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

You should have made it a poll. There are a ton of happy teraflex customers on here, myself included. Their support here is second to none. I pm'd them on a sunday while I was doing my install. I had a response in minutes.

If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to go with teraflex again.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see picky's now Teraflex, easily upgraded and always on here to give feedback and help. Pay a little more and get the best( quality, customer service, etc.) I absolutely luv my control arms, I think I might go outside and rub them right now.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

TERAFLEX!!!! I have the TF 3" lift on mine and I love it...not to mention you'll actually be getting 4"+ of lift after settling. The quality of the lift is top of the line. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Both are good lifts. If I could build up another Jeep, Teraflex all over again. Just my 2 cents... Good Luck !!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Jedi

Teraflex for sure. I got the Teraflex 3" with full control arms and whatnot. Id Pepsi challenge my jeep against any on the road in a slalom/ handling competition. It is an amazing short arm system. Plus the customer service is insane.

Quick Reply: Stuck between lifts..Please help decide!