Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

stuck between 3 4" lifts which one and why?? buying on 06/12

Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our definition of complete is different.

You need something to address pinion and caster and a cam bolt is a cheap way of doing it. We could sell our kits with cam bolts and make the price under a grand, but we don't believe this is the proper way. Cam bolts are not easy to reverse and they tend to loosen up after trail use.

Originally Posted by Shizzlehappens
I understand that you're a competitor so I'm not trying to wave this in your face but my "complete" 4" Superlift was just under $990 with shocks, if I was willing to run cam bolts. Since I'm not, I opted for front LCA's which added a bit to the cost but wasn't a "necessity". Now, with that said, I don't have a Rubi so I don't know what other details beyond elec. disco's there are that differentiate us. I also have a manual so I didn't need to swap my front DS either.

Another detail to consider (for the OP) would be brake lines. The kit I'm running has brake line relocates, not extensions so there's that to consider as well. The relocates certainly work but braided extensions, or even full replacements would be nicer if you're playing in the rocks alot, or going over alot of roots/stumps that could rip the factory lines. They were an option for my kit (as with many) but just tack on to the cost.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shizzle , I Swapped it all, went Tera flex.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
Our definition of complete is different.

You need something to address pinion and caster and a cam bolt is a cheap way of doing it. We could sell our kits with cam bolts and make the price under a grand, but we don't believe this is the proper way. Cam bolts are not easy to reverse and they tend to loosen up after trail use.
Nope, it sounds like OUR definition is similar since I'm not willing to go the cam bolt route either. Realizing that longer front LCA's is essentially a must, I'll concede that it would be very difficult to find a "complete" kit under $1000 but you can come close.

I wish there were some sort of regulatory organization that would define "minimum kit requirements" or "minimum safe components for a lift" so everyone was on the same page.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Shizzle , I Swapped it all, went Tera flex.

Shizzlehappens: FYI you can run 37's with a TeraFlex 3" but you will need extra bumpstops. Maybe start off with a 3" then add some coils spacers when your wanting to run the 37's? I would at least get a set of front lower adj arms and a front adjustable trackbar.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys - a front drive shaft has been on the list

Another question - what is the cheapest "safe" way to carry a 37" spare???
Old 06-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by scoped
Thanks guys - a front drive shaft has been on the list

Another question - what is the cheapest "safe" way to carry a 37" spare???
well it wont fit on your stock carrier

your best bet is a new rear bumper with tire carrier.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunatly that's my go with 37s issue is I just don't have the funds for everything + a rear tire carrier
Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Made in America is huge for me - i sent you a pm on more info about the 4in premium

Last edited by scoped; 06-10-2010 at 10:07 PM.