Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stubby,Stinger, Matching rear bumper with racks

Old 01-29-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stubby,Stinger, Matching rear bumper with racks

After looking at the OR Fab stinger I fell in love with it but there tire carrier will not hold a 37 inch tire. then Evo showed there Stinger fell in love with it too but no tire carrier.. So then I start my search to find the perfect pair front stubby with a stinger and rear bumper with tire carrier than will hold a 37 inch tire and with racks..

My question is does anyone else like to have the same brand bumpers for both front and rear?

I don't think it would look good with two different bumpers on it. what do ya'll think?

Hanson front stubby and rear tire carrier is nice plus the extra cargo place's.

LoD another nice pair of stubby and carrier plus cargo.

Poison Spyder has a nice front stubby and a tire carrier but again no cargo

PUREJEEP really wierd look and kinda big as far as a stubby goes for me and no cargo.

with all of this would all of you guys and gals that have the bumpers i have listed
and tell me what you like about them and don't like..

If i have missed a set of nice bumpers please let me know and if you run two different bumpers and I would like to know what you like about each one.

Guys and Gals I love love my jeep and I want to build MY jeep the best way i can
so any information you can give would be awesome!!!!!

My goal is to have a front stubby with stinger rear bumper stubby with tire carrier that can hold a 37 inch tire plus I can add cargo place to haul jerry cans water or a cooler...
Old 01-29-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The EVO tire carrier setup is sweet, I think it will hold a 40 or 42 inch tire as well. Definitely need the rear corner armor I think also, but to pretty much bomb proof the rear end and spare protection its got to be worth it. Genright makes a similar setup for the JK if you have not seen that one it is pretty cool.

What is it about singers that is so awesome???
Old 01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

The full size PUREJEEP PJ2001 bumper has been discontinued as of Jan. 1 2011

The new stubby rear PJ2002 has taken it's place. It does allow a cargo system. The photo below is the PJ2002 with the JC4 cargo package.

We will have more photos on the website next week with all of our cargo options.

Last edited by Hanson/PUREJEEP; 01-29-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in a similar situation, I have a stock front, I'm set on a stinger. My rear bumper is Expedition one which I love, they don't make a stinger. Right now my plan is to get an LOD stinger bare metal and then have it powdercoated by the same people that do the expedition one bumpers so the texture/color will match. Another brand you might want to check out is Aberle offroad, I've seen there bumpers and they are pretty sweet. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
The EVO tire carrier setup is sweet, I think it will hold a 40 or 42 inch tire as well. Definitely need the rear corner armor I think also, but to pretty much bomb proof the rear end and spare protection its got to be worth it. Genright makes a similar setup for the JK if you have not seen that one it is pretty cool.

What is it about singers that is so awesome???

I really don't know why I fell in love with the stinger but did.. I guess they just look so good All I know is I'm gonna have one
Old 01-29-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hanson/PUREJEEP
The full size PUREJEEP PJ2001 bumper has been discontinued as of Jan. 1 2011

The new stubby rear PJ2002 has taken it's place. It does allow a cargo system. The photo below is the PJ2002 with the JC4 cargo package.

We will have more photos on the website next week with all of our cargo options.
That's what I'm talking about I can carrier everything with that.. I like it now what about a shot of a stubby with a stinger??
Old 01-29-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you want a matching rear bumper with racks and front bumper with stinger would be LoD. I recently put on their rear bumper and tire carrier with the trail rack and gerry can mounts and it is very well made

Quick Reply: Stubby,Stinger, Matching rear bumper with racks