Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

sts turbo instead of Ripp supercharger

Old 12-20-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Ripp has a website, with prices...

Gen 2 Stage 1 = $4000
Gen 2 Stage 2 = $4800

But you can find out more in the Ripp threads. Let's get back to getting more info on this Turbo!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! I will check it out.

Hey Jkerr:
So is the Gen 2 Ripp worth it? I remember it being $2000 and I would have to pay someone to put it in ( I would mess it up), so I would have to add that in to the cost.
And I'm not the kind of guy to have that kind of money laying around so I would have to save for a while.

So In your opinion, is it worth getting?

I'm glad to hear it works with the dual battery set-up.

Thanks!
The RIPP is @ $4K without an intercooler, which is what I have. It really is easy to install, but it is a bit scary looking at it. However, it wasn't that bad to install at all. A weekend, basic hand-tools and a computer is all you need. The RIPP guys provide awesome tech support if you get stuck or have questions. Their install manual also has a lot of good pics.

So far I am 100% satisfied with the RIPP. It provides respectable power (8.44 second 0-60 out of the box), it drives like a stock vehicle, and it is a heck of a lot easier (and cheaper) than swapping the engine. I haven't had any issues whatsoever.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sts

I've been trolling the forum for a long time but never post since I don't have a JK yet, but I 've got some STS experience. I had one on my 2004 Z71 for over 75K miles. I loved the sound and the extra performance. Only had an issue one time when I had left my outerwear cover off the K&N Airfilter and I drove to slow over a car wash under carriage sprayer. The truck kicked and bucked all the way home until it dried out. On the Z71 the turbo is mounted just in front of the rear axel. The truck was my daily driver with plenty of miles in the rain and snow with no issues. I did not wheel the truck and I never tried a water crossing. I took the turbo off after the auxillary oil pump died (the warning buzzer worked), but I look forward to putting it back on something in the future. I was running a base system at 5lbs with no intercooler.

Quick Reply: sts turbo instead of Ripp supercharger