Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Strongest Diff Covers and what to do with rear shock mounts?

Old 09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel

Your travel will more than likely be limited by tire rub and bump stop more than it will be by your shocks. You will however gain an extra 1.5" of droop.
I have a Ruff Stuff front diff and I can tell you it is indestructible. I also have Rock Stars and agree you pick up additional droop.

Last edited by JKCowBoy; 09-30-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

With additional droop won't you have to extend the brake lines?
Old 09-30-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by charlie4
they'll be getting tight, but you will probably be okay with 2.5" shocks. I was able to install my lift with the calipers and brake lines in place, so there should be enough length in the lines.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Attachment 372407Attachment 372408

I have checked out the EVO rockstar skids but what happen when you move the shock up 1.5" wont you loose wheel travel? I like the idea of more ground clearance. I also been looking at the Rebel offroad Ginders which keeps the shock mounted at the stock location. What do you guys think? Also just checked out the Ruff Stuff and the Riddler diff covers both are very impressive. Where do the ARBs stand? I really like the looks of them but are they as good as they say they are? Thanks again
Gain the ground clearance. You wont be beating on your shocks as much. No you will not loose any wheel travel.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put in extended lines to (came with RK kit). The additional travel with the Rock Stars is great and the extra clearance in the rocks is great, especially if you are running 35s like I do. The Rocks Stars:
  1. Give better travel
  2. Better clearance
  3. Add armor to the shock

I think they are one of the better investments you can make on a JK.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex Diff Covers are 3/8" thick cast ductile-iron and available in D30/D44/D60 versions. Now if you only want skids for your rear shocks, TeraFlex has those too.

#4937400 $46.99
| TeraFlex Suspensions
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default ME

I run riddler diff covers and EVO rock stars and love them. I got riddler cause they are cheap and so am I. However I love the look of the new Poison Spyder Bomb proof diff covers. I just like the spyder design and I have had good luck with my posion spyder gear. Riddlers work just fine PSC are just flashy-er, you know if your in to that kind of stuff. As for the evo rock stars I love them. I fabbed up a different rear shock spacer that I use in place of the Teraflex 2.5" shock adapter that came with my lift. I could have removed the Teraflex adapter when I added the rockstars but opted to make my own to really maximize my flex. So far no regrets and I have had this set-up for quite awhile.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

I run riddlers! Love them

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121003_220604.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	374062
Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like my ARB covers, nodular iron, dip stick, recessed mounting bolts, low profile. Adds strength to the diff housing. Bright red
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
I run riddler diff covers and EVO rock stars and love them. I got riddler cause they are cheap and so am I. However I love the look of the new Poison Spyder Bomb proof diff covers. I just like the spyder design and I have had good luck with my posion spyder gear. Riddlers work just fine PSC are just flashy-er, you know if your in to that kind of stuff. As for the evo rock stars I love them. I fabbed up a different rear shock spacer that I use in place of the Teraflex 2.5" shock adapter that came with my lift. I could have removed the Teraflex adapter when I added the rockstars but opted to make my own to really maximize my flex. So far no regrets and I have had this set-up for quite awhile.
I run the Ruff Stuff in front and the new PSC diff in the rear with the Rock Stars. The Riddler looks like similar quality as the PSC cover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	374148

Quick Reply: Strongest Diff Covers and what to do with rear shock mounts?