Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

strongest ball joints

Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Northridge didn't tell anybody to fuck themselves. I can promise you that. If a customer has a issue with a Product we get the MFG of said product involved , If the MFG does not fix the issue and we are made aware of it we then step in and do the best we can to make the situation right. I don't remember talking to any customer about a ball joint not taking grease and I agree the first thing I would do is swap grease zerks to see if that is the issue.

David
Then.... as I suspected, we aren't getting the whole story.

Personally, based upon experience (not hearsay), remove the ethics issue and I think you run a good business and seem to treat your customers well. Poly is the same, without the ethics issue. So... as I said, something's missing.

EDIT: I guess, before we all start playing dumb, the questionable ethical issue is due to Nrthridge being in bed with WOG. No denying that fact.

Last edited by ABENDX; 12-17-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't believe the Synergy lifetime warranty BS if they offer it. I installed a set of Synergy ball joints this spring and one wouldn't accept any grease after multiple attempts (the other 3 took about 5 pumps to fill).

I spoke with Northridge4x4 who spoke with Synergy and after back and forth babble both companies just forgot about it. I didn't want to keep "whining" to them but Synergy kept saying nothing was wrong. It's hard to prove it when I'm 3,000 miles away, it's not like it's a quick change out too...
I show a Reply to your email from Synergy Suspension on June 7th @ 10:22 AM And we have heard nothing back from you via email .

Here is the reply.

It sounds like the grooves in the ball may be just not quite lined up with the grease fitting to allow grease to get into it. When greasing these, it is usually best to turn the wheel back and forth as you do it. This should allow the grease to better circulate.

Thank you,

Chris Steimle
Sales Manager
Synergy Manufacturing
805-242-0397 Phone
805-706-0351 Direct
805-980-4357 Fax
Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Then.... as I suspected, we aren't getting the whole story. Personally, based upon experience (not hearsay), remove the ethics issue and I think you run a good business and seem to treat your customers well. Poly is the same, without the ethics issue. So... as I said, something's missing. EDIT: I guess, before we all start playing dumb, the questionable ethical issue is due to Nrthridge being in bed with WOG. No denying that fact.
WOG? Not familiar with the acronym.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
Way of Gay......it's a term near and dear to those of us who have been here for a while. If you knew the situation then you would know why.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Really, folks still are unaware of what occurred here?

Okay bud... as simply as I can say it, you were played by the previous ownership, a few of the vendors were very much inline with this, including nrthridge.

Everything you learned here over that time can be considered bad advice... ALL OF IT as you were only hearing half of the story.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Really, folks still are unaware of what occurred here? Okay bud... as simply as I can say it, you were played by the previous ownership, a few of the vendors were very much inline with this, including nrthridge. Everything you learned here over that time can be considered bad advice... ALL OF IT as you were only hearing half of the story.
so you're telling me I don't need pro rock 60's and the evo double throw down to get me the smoothest ride to and from work?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Jedi

Thumbs up

so you're telling me I don't need pro rock 60's and the evo double throw down to get me the smoothest ride to and from work?
of course you do its the only cost effective sane thing to do on a dd, i didnt know there was any other feasible options
Old 12-17-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Tripletsi- have you spoke to Dave directly at NR4x4? He seems to take care of his customers and I highly doubt he'd let this through the cracks. It's simple enough to ship the bj back to Synergy as proof that it won't accept grease, it's not like a mysterious knock that you're trying to pin on them.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Karls, I have not spoken to Dave directly, yet. I agree it would be simple to ship it back, but first it needs replaced (in my mind) and unfortunately I have to have a shop perform the labor.

Originally Posted by Maertz
I would have bought a new grease zerk for like 1 dollar before "whining"
Maertz, I did buy a new grease zerk, three actually. Then Synergy sent me three more. Same result every time, no grease able to be injected.

Why would you not call Poly direct after Nrthridge told you to go f yourself or is there more to the story than you are telling us?

Seems like you whine for no reason.... call Poly, get yourself straight, then come back and lay out the responsible party.... right now I see three possibilities.
ABENDX, Northridge 4x4 NEVER told me to f-off, take a Xanax, there is not more to the story. I whine because I spent $200 on ball joints and another $400 on installation. I don't have another $600 laying around to do it all over again.

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I show a Reply to your email from Synergy Suspension on June 7th @ 10:22 AM And we have heard nothing back from you via email .
Dave, you are correct, they did send this email after I placed an order with you guys that morning. It did not solve the problem and I did call back saying that it did not work, I didn't email unfortunately. I mentioned it again when I placed an order for skids in August too.

I didn't intend to throw you under the bus with this post (unfortunate direction that ABENDX took it). It's just that after so many attempts it seems that Synergy didn't want to believe a problem existed. No fault of yours obviously, Northridge4x4 actually tried to help out with this situtation.

Last edited by k0260; 12-17-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: ABENDX profanity quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Do you not have the tools or know how on doing them yourself? And I don't mean that to offend you. There is a tool to rent from autozone and plenty of YouTube videos or writeups to go by. Also $400 seems steep for ball joint installation. I thought shops around my area were bad.

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Karls, I have not spoken to Dave directly, yet. I agree it would be simple to ship it back, but first it needs replaced (in my mind) and unfortunately I have to have a shop perform the labor. Maertz, I did buy a new grease zerk, three actually. Then Synergy sent me three more. Same result every time, no grease able to be injected. ABENDX, Northridge 4x4 NEVER told me to f-off, take a Xanax, there is not more to the story. I whine because I spent $200 on ball joints and another $400 on installation. I don't have another $600 laying around to do it all over again. Dave, you are correct, they did send this email after I placed an order with you guys that morning. It did not solve the problem and I did call back saying that it did not work, I didn't email unfortunately. I mentioned it again when I placed an order for skids in August too. I didn't intend to throw you under the bus with this post (unfortunate direction that ABENDX took it). It's just that after so many attempts it seems that Synergy didn't want to believe a problem existed. No fault of yours obviously, Northridge4x4 actually tried to help out with this situtation.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

God I love this place as much as I loath it.

ABENDX, Northridge 4x4 NEVER told me to f-off, take a Xanax, there is not more to the story. I whine because I spent $200 on ball joints and another $400 on installation. I don't have another $600 laying around to do it all over again.
You claimed that you spoke with them a few times, then they stopped returning your calls/emails/whatever... "forgot about it you" said?

Surely you didn't... mentioning it to them again and again.

Funny thing there... they left you high and dry with a defective part and poor customer service that you came here to complain about, yet you continued to buy more product from that re-seller.

The irony is strong in you, young jeeper!

I didn't intend to throw you under the bus with this post (unfortunate direction that ABENDX took it). It's just that after so many attempts it seems that Synergy didn't want to believe a problem existed. No fault of yours obviously, Northridge4x4 actually tried to help out with this situtation.
Okay... now we are blaming Poly?

Seemingly you threw both nrthridge and Poly under the bus earlier.... I picked it up and ran with it. Well... ran with trying to get your story straight. If Poly had come here first, would you be blaming nrthridge?

And a little Internet lesson for you. You came and shit in someone else's thread and took the conversation in another direction. Your story seemingly has more holes than Swiss cheese. Then you get pissy with me for pointing out the obvious.

In the end... you look like the bad player here. Not nrthridge nor Poly.

Last edited by k0260; 12-17-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: profanity

Quick Reply: strongest ball joints