Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stronger headbolts? 3.8l

Old 02-19-2016, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
Prodigy Turbo offered upgraded head studs for their higher boost version if I recall correctly so you probably wont need to get custom studs made.

Thanks all call
Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Thanks all call
Dang 700 bucks for the bolts.... Guess I should have linexed my jeep tub at the same time as fixing my blown head
Old 02-19-2016, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep doesn't have a turbo or supercharger, but I have had experience with turbocharged vehicles in the past so here's my 2 cents:

If it were me I'd stick with the OEM head bolts and gasket. If you run into another over-boost incident you want those to be the "weak link" in the system. They're cheaper to replace than heads or pistons. If you don't have anymore over-boost issues, then you should be fine and didn't need to spend the extra money anyway.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant09
My Jeep doesn't have a turbo or supercharger, but I have had experience with turbocharged vehicles in the past so here's my 2 cents: If it were me I'd stick with the OEM head bolts and gasket. If you run into another over-boost incident you want those to be the "weak link" in the system. They're cheaper to replace than heads or pistons. If you don't have anymore over-boost issues, then you should be fine and didn't need to spend the extra money anyway.
Ok thanks bro yeah before I was really hitting it hard trying to see how much boost I could squeeze out now I just want to repair it and own the trails again.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just in case anyone ever runs into this thread, I spoke with arp and will get a quote for custom studs. I will let you guys know how much cheaper it is to buy strait from the source.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just in case anyone ever runs into this thread, I spoke with arp and will get a quote for custom studs. I will let you guys know how much cheaper it is to buy strait from the source.
Awesome. Let us know.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dang 700 bucks for the bolts
That is flat out stupid. Falls in line with all of their other over priced kits.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by T&ERun
That is flat out stupid. Falls in line with all of their other over priced kits.
Honestly, taking the engine apart Tuesday and than will be contacting arp. They said they will get back to me same day after I fill out some page in there catalog

Quick Reply: Stronger headbolts? 3.8l