Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stretching Rear on a 4dr

Old 07-08-2015, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Squatch
Are you local? That pic of your jeep on the trail looks like Upper Ditch at Hawk Pride Mountain.
lol you have a good eye that is exactly where that is. I'm from Memphis and that was from the upper ditch about 3 weeks ago
Old 07-08-2015, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Badass rig. What was your axle setup and lift height when you were running the 41s? Got any pics of it back then?
I was running a prorock 44 in the front and in the rear dana 44 with superior axle shafts. Lift was right around 5.5"-6".Click image for larger version

Name:	3-link flex.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	617286Click image for larger version

Name:	3-link flex2.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	617287Click image for larger version

Name:	devilsden.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	617288
Old 07-08-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HeatTreater
I was running a prorock 44 in the front and in the rear dana 44 with superior axle shafts. Lift was right around 5.5"-6".
How well did that setup hold up at that level of your build? Looks like you wheeled it well. I had noticed where you could buy a pro rock 44 housing and transfer the rubi guts over to it. Were you able to turn lock to lock flexed out without getting into the frame or did you notch it? Those pics are with a 3" rear stretch like you posted earlier or less? Any stretch in front?
Old 07-08-2015, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by austinemiller
lol you have a good eye that is exactly where that is. I'm from Memphis and that was from the upper ditch about 3 weeks ago
Yeah i know that park like the back of my hand. Ive cut a few of the trails at that park myself.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

How well did that setup hold up at that level of your build? Looks like you wheeled it well. I had noticed where you could buy a pro rock 44 housing and transfer the rubi guts over to it. Were you able to turn lock to lock flexed out without getting into the frame or did you notch it? Those pics are with a 3" rear stretch like you posted earlier or less? Any stretch in front?
It held up very well my prorock had rcv shafts in it never any issues the rear 44 was the weak link shafts couldn't handle the bigger tires I did notch the the frame so I had no problems turning lock to lock and yes it was with the 3" stretch in the back.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigPrince
not sold on a 3link for the rear on a rig that sees both road(around town sunny weekends) and serious rocks.
You wont have any issues with a 3 link set up. I have had RK's long arm (3 link rear, 4 link front) on my JK for years. I do the same type of driving you describe. No issues and handles great.

Quick Reply: Stretching Rear on a 4dr