Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

straight piped

Old 12-18-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default straight piped

has anyone straight piped there jeep, does it sound liek a pissed off bee. do you get anymore performance out of this.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

forgive the misspell fat fingers
Old 12-18-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took the muffler off to paint it and couldn't resist. Sounded horrible, kinda a throaty pissed off bee. I quickly put the muffler back on.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You and I have talked about this. It sounds really good up until 2,000 rpm then it just loses its rumble and screams.

Sounds nice, but not my cup o' tea. If you're so curious, it takes about 30 min to remove your stock muffler if it is not too rusted up and try driving around with that for a few miles to get the idea.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by alabamaslinger
has anyone straight piped there jeep, does it sound liek a pissed off bee. do you get anymore performance out of this.
I had to drop a plugged cat on a 05 caravan and drive it around the block (3.8 motor) and it sounded like someone was killing a cat ( a real cat, not a catalytic converter)

Quick Reply: straight piped