Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Storage/security rack inside

Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage/security rack inside

security/ storage for
when i have have my top off my JKU and was wondering if you have had
any experience with this product
http://www.jcwhitney.com/jeep-jk-int...p2023292.jcwx? filterid=d57149y2008g1366j1.
thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem I saw with this item was the back seat folds down and makes for easy access. I have not seen the product in person though.
I ended up just building a security box for the back. Good luck on the hunt.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

THe JC Whitney one is only a cargo rack, not a security rack. I have the Tuffy security enclosure (https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-294-...enclosure.aspx) and am totally happy with it. It is expensive, but bullet proof. It is independent of the rear seats, so no ability to go that route, and can be easily taken down if I need all the cargo space.

It was simple to install. I would recommend re-adjusting it after about a week to make sure it maintains a tight seal with the tailgate as it might loosen up a tad.

I have total confidence now in leaving valuables in the back with doors off and top down.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, there's no security offered with that product. I mounted an ATV sized truck box behind the seat for secure storage. Easily removable if I need the space.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

I built a rack system similar to the system you are looking at on JCW and no, it won't keep out someone who really wants in. But for the money of the Tuffy system, you could go with a Pelican case or similar brand. It would be self contained, you can get any size you want, lockable, and it's weather proof. Maybe even get different colors depending on the brand/model. I have a few Pelican cases and they are really tough. We used them to pack all our equipment in and let the airlines handle them.

Quick Reply: Storage/security rack inside