Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Storage options for zip-out windows

Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage options for zip-out windows

OK, I don't feel its smart to leave the windows in the garage when I'm out with the Jeep and the top is off. I know there are certain storage options, and their cost ranges from $60-$80 what I have seen so far. How do you guys do store your zip-out windows? Looking for ideas - Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just throw mine in the back under a bungee cord OR under my doors if thier off
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If they're going to be off awhile, I leave them in the garage. If not, I just lay them in the back. Nothing fancy for me.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by afpilot82
If they're going to be off awhile, I leave them in the garage. If not, I just lay them in the back. Nothing fancy for me.
I do the same.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a large, clean fleece blanket...cheapest will do.

Stack them in the blanket, making sure that each side is covered by blanket (fold the blanket over every time you put a new window in). Last, put the rear window in, cover, and roll them all together--but not real tight... (using the rear window bar as kind of a guide) and place it gently in the rear cargo area under the top!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Three options for me:

When I take care -- I have two or three pieces of fleece cut to a bit larger than the windows sizes. I lay the windows out, later up the fleece, and roll them up.

When I am in a rush -- I just roll the two side windows together, and roll the rear window around it's bar. No protection. A bungee cord holds them together.

In the garage -- Hard to explain -- basically I store my hardtop in the garage on a home-made cart, with the rear window facing down and forward part facing up. I have a section of 6" diameter cardboard tube that I cut lengthwise and slip over the side of the hardtop, which provides a nice round/smooth surface to lay the two side windows over. I then take the entire rear window, bar and all, and hang the bar between the cutouts for the freedom panels. Like I said, hard to explain, but if I had a picture you'd see how simple it is.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you know the type of clothes hangers for pants that have clips on them? I hang them by the clips and put them in the closet with old shirts inbetween them
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all your replies! Good advice, I appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cloverpatch window roll EVERY single time. Mine are 2 summers old and still look new.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Bestop window roll. A little pricey but works for me

Quick Reply: Storage options for zip-out windows