Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Storage maximization in 2DRs ????

Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi-lift on the front bumper. Air Compressor tucked in the compartment behind the right hand side tail light. Until I get a rear bumper with gas cans and a rack everything else goes in the back. Usually I pull the rear seat for wheeling anyway.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
I can fit a tool bag, a winch/strap/recovery bag, a Smitybilt dual cylinder compressor, & coveralls, gloves, paper towels, PB blaster, roll of duct tap, ratchet straps, a few bungie cords, & breaker bar behind the rear seat in a Bestop instatrunk.

The stock rear compartment holds a ziplock bag with toilet paper & purell, my programmer, a pair of jumper cables, a flashlight, and a tire iron that works on multiple size lugs.

Then, I keep a floor pad that is about 30"x30", a drop cloth, a foldable lawn stool, and a small tarp between the back of the rear seat & the instatrunk.

I have a lunch size, soft side cooler that will hold 2 lunches & 4 20oz bottles that usually sits on the floor behind me on top of my coiled winch controller, a pair of gloves, a survival knife, and a flashlight.

The first aid kit goes under the driver's seat.

The center console holds a weatherman, toilet paper, & a ziplock bag with purell, toothpaste, etc, & a print out with the torque specs for the JK.
The Garmin is on the inside of the windshield.

The glove box has the Currie & Staun deflators, a digital tire guage, a small flashlight, the wheel lock key, & the usual papers.

If it is winter, there is a bag with survival gear on the rear seat with a sleeping bag & snow shovel.

If it is summer, there is a backpack with a change of clothes, towell, etc. , with maps.

I haven't modded the bumper for a hi-lift yet.

We usually take at least 2 of our jeeps. So, the other one carries extra fluids, RTV, & a fluid catcher/retainer/container, an axe, a shovel, & a CO2 tank.

If I am wheeling in a group without more than 1 passenger, I remove my rear seat & carry it in a container that I ratchet strap to the floor.

On long trips we have a tow rig & trailer for more storage.

On shorter overnight trips, I tow my pop-up tent camper that has more storage.
Wow! No that is some planning and an excellent use of the limited space in the 2dr. Nice.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed
Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stlfan06
Camp sells these.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...x4/nackone.jpg

Pretty good for keeping stuff in when the top's down.

cop4x4.com
i love that netting, but IMO its alittle pricey.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubiRI77
rear seat out. (you have to be a contortionist if you are taller than 4' to get back there anyway) saddlebags between the roll bars (I only did drivers side, for blind spot purposes)
x2 on the back seat out.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

I removed the rear seat. I mounted a 34" truck tool box in the rear. Plus, 2 ammo cans mounted side by side behind the tool box. Have all my tools, spare parts, fluids, straps, shackles, yada yada yada.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

x10000 with the back seat out you can fit a lot in there

Quick Reply: Storage maximization in 2DRs ????