Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Storage in 2 door jk for road trip

Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well....what are you looking to spend? Rood racks are awesome. Also you can get a carrier that adds to the tailgate or tire carrier (if you have one)....depends what you have and what you are willing to spend.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedJupiter
That camping photo looks great.
Thanks I have a bunch more on my thread 2dr. expedition rig & trailer mich to col 2012
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
Well....what are you looking to spend? Rood racks are awesome. Also you can get a carrier that adds to the tailgate or tire carrier (if you have one)....depends what you have and what you are willing to spend.
No idea. Just want to know the options with cost. Roof racks work but what about getting to top off when I get there?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
No idea. Just want to know the options with cost. Roof racks work but what about getting to top off when I get there?
A nice feature of the Gobi is that it can disconnect from the light bar and tip back for soft top operation. It can be done via bolts or their quick disconnect kit.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I added a 2" receiver to the front and use a medium size cargo basket designed for ATV's.. This leaves the rear hitch open for towing. To the front basket I added mounts to stabilize a fairly large cooler and a few tie down points. Also added a quick mount for a stainless steel marine propane bbq and rod holders.

The upside of being in the front is leaving the rear hitch open for towing and that it doesn't interfere with the rear gate or spare. When the basket isn't mounted I just throw a D-Ring in it. The downside... if you use the factory fogs, the basket will block them. Of course, this means I now have a spring project to do a hood mounted LED bar.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

trailer you will never look back lol
Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't like hauling a trailer. I got 2 jerry can carriers for my oversize spare, and i use them to strap on 2 rucks. Thats lots of space saved for a 2dr.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is an old picture but you could do this. Hitch basket and a 12" hitch extender to clear the spare.

Sent from my iPhone
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	432126  
Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

I have an or-fab tire carrier, but I don't carry fuel. You'd be amazed how much you can strap onto that thing. For a trip to camp at coal creek a few years ago just packed everything on that. Along with a hitch mounted carrier you're set.

Quick Reply: Storage in 2 door jk for road trip