Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stop the heat from comming thru my hard top

Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stop the heat from comming thru my hard top

Hi every one, I just came across a product that I think a lot of you might be interested in. My father in-law and I have been looking for something to keep the California heat from beating thru our hard top out in the desert, which keeping the air conditioning from working as well as we would like. We found one shop that quoted us a price of $1000. That was more than I would pay. I think our search is over for product that is priced right. Check out this website. hotheadheadliners.com

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 08-07-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: removed nonsponsor link
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can make the same thing for under $50
Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Looks interesting. I'd be looking for a real world testimonial. I'm wondering how well the velcro is holding up under the heat.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 AM
JK Super Freak

get a soft top
Old 08-07-2009, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

"search"

Off Road Heroes-insulation

Mine is spectacular (with mods), in the Nevada desert

JIMBO
Old 08-07-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

go to home depot and buy some insulation form board (about 10$)and pep boys and buy some headliner material(40$) and adhesive(10$). i top the foam board with some foil and then covered the board with headliner stuff. i will try and take some pics later look about the same.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMBOX
"search"

Off Road Heroes-insulation

Mine is spectacular (with mods), in the Nevada desert

JIMBO

Public Notice from the Administrator:

Quote:
WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

NO! not california tops! I remember them from my TJ days
Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

If thats true, I'm sorry to ref them

I had no trouble or misrep., or delays in getting my kit delivered and it was exactly as advertised

If you've never bought anything from CANADA, then you will probably be dissappointed in the time/delivery period-I don't have any problems with that

Before I even tried it, I added JC Whitney
Thermal-Acustic" insulation and now Without a lot of details-the hardtop is just like a normal 4 dr sedan, inside quiet and temp, but the finish and appearance is better than I could ever do

JIMBO
Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Gets kind of hot here in Okie land as well at times.

Quick Reply: Stop the heat from comming thru my hard top