Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

stonehenge series rock skins issue

Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stonehenge series rock skins issue

Ok guys here's the story.. I got these rock skins from Stonehenge Series and installed them about 6 months ago. On the install, you are required to drill holes in the side of the Jeep and then install a "nutsert" into the hole. You then use a nutsert tool to crush the nutsert inside of the Jeep's body.. Once you've done this with all the nutserts, you put the skin against the Jeep and screw it on with the bolts. My issue is this: the nutserts are a PIA and not all of them crushed correctly. Some of them would spin inside of the Jeep once I tried to screw the rock skin on. There are 16 screws per skin and for each skin MAYBE 10 of the nutserts worked. I am trying to find a solution to the nutserts. Well a couple months ago I installed my rear River Raider fender flares. These flares used well nuts instead of nutserts. They do the same thing by going inside the body and "crushing" once a bolt is screwed into them, but they are rubber on the outside and have a bigger lip. They worked perfectly on that install and I want to replace my nutserts for my skins with well nuts. I went to Lowe's and Fastenal today and they don't have the correct size to go with the bolt that is used with the skins. I've called everywhere and no one has these. The size of the bolt is M 10-1.5 I am going to attach a picture of a nutsert, well nut, the bolt, and my Jeep with the skins so you can see what I am talking about. If anyone has any help or input it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Katelyn

nutsert
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20110701-01146.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	177712
well nut
Click image for larger version

Name:	well nut.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	177711