Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock tune but change fan temps

Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock tune but change fan temps

Ok so long time Jeeper but finally got a 2010 JKR 2door. I have been reading all I can about "tuners" and have decided for me they suck. I got a SC 3875 used and played with it. Found ALL tunes have way to aggressive timing and I get detonation of varying degrees in all of them except Craw and Stock. I do like the shifting pattern better (auto ,I know wife's call) but the tunes just suck. SO what I do like is the TPMS adjust, the fan temp control and the Crawl tune ( have no idea why the crawl tune isn't stock in 4lo my pathfinder has it in 4lo). What I want is the ability to keep the stock tune but adjust the fan temps. So far I seem to be only able to do this if it is an advanced setting tune.
My wish list in a "tuner"

TPMS adjust (SC does it in stock form)
Fan Temp adjust in stock tune (can't do that with the 3875)
Tire size adjust bla bla
Tranny shift pattern changes
Not required to be plugged into OBD2 port to keep settings

Do any of them out there let you adjust these settings without messing with the stock engine tune?
Old 11-06-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Junkie

You should be able to do that with superchips on the stock level, check out "advanced functions". For what it's worth- Ron at superchips says that the crawl tune doesn't change anything past 2nd gear. So as soon as you hit 3rd on your way to work then it should act normal until you drop back to 2nd.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
You should be able to do that with superchips on the stock level, check out "advanced functions". For what it's worth- Ron at superchips says that the crawl tune doesn't change anything past 2nd gear. So as soon as you hit 3rd on your way to work then it should act normal until you drop back to 2nd.

Maybe is in the 3870 but the 3875 options in stock tune are TPMS, Axle Lock in high and Throttle up. Fan temps are only available in other "Advanced" not quick tunes. Stock has nothing I can change.

Thx for the reply

Ill ping Ron at SC
Old 11-06-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

My diablosport trinity lets you choose the stock tune, and adjust all other parameters... Just sayin, maybe you bought the wrong tuner for what your looking for.

Also, you have a 3.8... You can't run advanced timing on these, they will just ping. Buddy tried in his and can only run stock or crawl as well with his SC. His is also a manual.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upgrade your SC to the new one.

I find running 89 octane with the 87 tune runs the best. Nice clean idle and no noise under load. 91 was good but without hotter ignition and plugs you wont feel much powerband benefit. Just seems peppier in the bottom end. Couldnt see the cost benefit anymore too.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ChesterJFK
My diablosport trinity lets you choose the stock tune, and adjust all other parameters... Just sayin, maybe you bought the wrong tuner for what your looking for.

Also, you have a 3.8... You can't run advanced timing on these, they will just ping. Buddy tried in his and can only run stock or crawl as well with his SC. His is also a manual.
Yah glad I only paid 75 bucks. I don't want any engine tunes just want to adjust the fan, turn off for water crossings, adjust or disable TPMS, "crawl mode" (still can't believe jeep hasn't done this with a TBW setup, dis$h!t$) and some tranny shift pattern adjustment would be nice. Maybe it's time to meet the Devil
Old 11-06-2013, 09:13 PM
JK Junkie

For the ability to control the fan you'll want a 3 position switch- on, off, on (controlled by the computer). I wish I could remember where I just saw this but can't. The poor man's alternative is to unplug the fan on top of the radiator before you make the plunge.

But....given your concerns, it seems like the superchips may not be the answer for you. I've got the 3875 without issue as I mentioned before. The stock laggy pedal is what kills me the most.

Quick Reply: Stock tune but change fan temps