Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock sway bar links with 2.5" lift?

Old 12-17-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock sway bar links with 2.5" lift?

Had to go the cheap route for now and got the RC 2.5" lift that comes with pucks & extended shock mounts. How does it work adding 2.5" of lift and keeping the factory swaybar links?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardguy
Had to go the cheap route for now and got the RC 2.5" lift that comes with pucks & extended shock mounts. How does it work adding 2.5" of lift and keeping the factory swaybar links?
The rear sway bar links are fine.. You can stay with the fronts being short, but the angle of your sway bar will be off. I have a friend who runs the stock links with a 2.5" lift with no issues. Just make sure you disconnect them on the trail. I've seen them flip and get stuck in the steering components because they were not disco'd...
Old 12-17-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should at the very least get some jks quick discos for the front or a cheap way would be to find someones old rear links and stick them up front. . I've seen the short front stockers flip going over speed bumps. As BF said the rears should be fine, they may be at a less than perfect angle, but they are less prone to flipping.
You'll be glad you got the quick discos when you hit a trail, well worth the $.

Quick Reply: Stock sway bar links with 2.5" lift?