Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock Subwoofer replacement

Old 09-26-2019, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Subwoofer replacement

So today I disconnected the subwoofer in the Jeep b/c it just rattles the trim pieces around it. When I was removing it I noticed that the box that it is in is pretty roomy and would make for a great little storage compartment for a tow strap. I considered adding a hinge and a locking mechanism to the subwoofer cover to act as a little door. Has anyone else considered this??
Old 09-26-2019, 04:50 PM
L2R
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No reason you can't do it.
Sounds like a good hiding spot if you make it look stock.
good luck
Old 09-27-2019, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I threw an 8" dual voice coil Polk into the factory housing, with an amp that would carry a 2 ohm load for the sub, and put the factory cover back on. Sounds great, looks factory, with no rattle. I did also upgrade the factory amp to something a little more substantial, with an aftermarket head unit.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Subwoofer Replacement

I tried the Polk subwoofer with the original Infinity amp and it's 4 ohm resistance lowered it's output relative to the other speakers.

I tried the Quadratec direct replacement and after a little break-in I think its a great improvement.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The factory amp is junk. I threw a 5 channel in and had previously upgraded all the other speakers as well. It's kind of obnoxious now, but the mirrors will shake when it's cranked up.

Quick Reply: Stock Subwoofer replacement