Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock stubby without rivets???

Old 04-18-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cute my bumper about a month ago. I measured from the bump pad out 8 inches following the contour of the bump pad. Cut at the bump pad and at the 8 inch marks with a small cutting wheel. Then cut some notches in the back of the main bump so I could slide the ends in about an inch. Put a few screws in from the back and on the bottom that can't be seen from the front. Clamped it down and used 5 minute adhesive on the front. Sanded that down and sprayed some flat black paint on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120418_215143.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	306179

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0008-1-1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	306180
Old 04-18-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zombiemonkey
I cute my bumper about a month ago. I measured from the bump pad out 8 inches following the contour of the bump pad. Cut at the bump pad and at the 8 inch marks with a small cutting wheel. Then cut some notches in the back of the main bump so I could slide the ends in about an inch. Put a few screws in from the back and on the bottom that can't be seen from the front. Clamped it down and used 5 minute adhesive on the front. Sanded that down and sprayed some flat black paint on it.

Attachment 306179

Attachment 306180
Very nice work!! I think this is the method i may try. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Stock stubby without rivets???