Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock SR/A vs. Duratrac

Old 01-13-2016, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass
I have heard a lot of good things about the KO2, not quite as grippy in the wet as the Duratrac, but they actually have a decent sidewall (one club member went through 5 duratrac sidewalls this year but he does crazy exploration, the MTs in the group with him all survived).

The Destination ATs on our work trucks were the same straight from the tire shop. I dropped the tire pressure from the 72psi factory to 52psi since our trucks are just used for highway travel and no hauling. Make sure they didn't put them to the factory 37psi or they will drive exactly like you said. I did say they are a hard tire.

It was very time consuming but things are working well at this point. I took it back and they rebalanced, which fixed nothing.

Then I went back a few days later and left it for the entire day for someone to actually properly index the tires and 2 of them needed to be replaced... and magically I have a nice ride again. Bumpy a little bit but they're not out of round.

Quick Reply: Stock SR/A vs. Duratrac