Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock spare tire carrier questions

Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt

Only if you don't buy the 2" spare tire spacer. I went to a local shop measured the opening on a body armor rear bumper. Went home taped it off and jigsawed it open. If you don't have the spacer and have stock rims with 35's you won't be able to get the lugs on the spare.
I have 17x9 with 4.5 bs on my new rims so I'm thinking it probably won't fit without the spacers lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Staytru06
I have 17x9 with 4.5 bs on my new rims so I'm thinking it probably won't fit without the spacers lol.
It might fit without the spacer since you have an a/m wheel with that backspacing. You might still have to cut down the stoppers though.

I just remembered that I used the part I cut off one of the stoppers to wedge at the bottom of the spare between the spare and the tailgate to keep the spare from having any movement.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt

It might fit without the spacer since you have an a/m wheel with that backspacing. You might still have to cut down the stoppers though.

I just remembered that I used the part I cut off one of the stoppers to wedge at the bottom of the spare between the spare and the tailgate to keep the spare from having any movement.
Alright cool thanks for the help ill keep it I'm mind.

Quick Reply: Stock spare tire carrier questions