Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock Shocks with 3" Lift

Old 04-08-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Shocks with 3" Lift

I have a 3" FT economy lift on hand but am waiting for the M-Force monotube shocks to arrive.

What would the consequences be of installing a 3" FT economy lift, leaving the stock shocks on for a bit with no off-road plans, then installing the new shocks when they arrive.

I'm trying to schedule garage time, and figured replacing just the shocks would be an easier task then the lift itself, so I'd like to take care of the difficult stuff while I have the garage time. The shocks I can do in my driveway. It would only be in this state for a couple days, but if I wait for the garage it will be a few more weeks.

Would this set up be asphalt worthy, dangerous, or just plain stupid? Let me know what you think.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

For the record, my jeep is a '07 4-door rubicon...not sure if that will make a difference.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Bilsteins are on their way here too... exact same scenario with Northridge.

If I installed the rest of the lift (coils, adjustable track bar, bump stops, etc.), and didn't drive it, you think it could sit for a day until I jack it back up and replace the shocks?

Quick Reply: Stock Shocks with 3" Lift