Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock Rubi Shock Travel?

Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Rubi Shock Travel?

What is the stock Rubi shock travel? Not the limited mounted travel but the actual travel. Is the full unlimited travel actually 7.5" Referencing one of TEEJ's posts (Best posts yet https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=31398&page=2 TEEJ you're awesome) I'm trying to figure out how much I can gain with the pure stock setup and how much more is needed. Needed meaning maxing the articulation capabilities without a much higher CG and running just a 1" BL. Lets assume for this that tire clearance and stuffage is not an issue for 35's with the 1" BL.

I guess what I'm after is how much more can be gained by moving the brake line mounting points and the sway bar links and does anyone have picks of where to locate them and if or how much they have to be extended. There are a lot of benefits to leaving the geometry of the stock suspension alone and I'd like to extend it to the max before moving on to longer shocks and lifts.

The last part is do the stock bumps stops allow for full compression of the shock. Again please look at this without any stuffage or clearance issues.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...9&postcount=15

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=25689&page=2
Old 03-21-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

adaycj,

Thanks, this is great stuff, evidently I did not search deep enough into the older threads. So where are you at with your setup now? Do you know of anyone that has Ebrake and ABS extensions for the JK?
Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Yeah - but you don't need them.

Just start jacking the thing up, corner tire at a time, and as things get taut, loosen the clips, and keep going...eventually, you'll have all of them loose, and have enough slack....AND you'll KNOW what you're doing.

Once you see what the new drooped positions are, you can see what you can re-clip to, or just zip tie loosely to manage, etc.

Northridge and Quadratec sell extensions if you MUST get some though.

Quick Reply: Stock Rubi Shock Travel?