Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock JK tire carrier

Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dave7200
How did you extend those rubber bump stops?? I'm worried because I have the same backspacing and it no longer touches the rubber bumpstops and Im afraid it will hurt something.
I have a 35 w/ 3.75 bs and I used some rubber tubing adapters I bought at home depot that slipped over the stock bump stops and stuck out further. They were available in the same section as the pvc pipes and they had a bunch of different connector I just brought in one of my bump stops and started looking around till I found something that fit.

edit: it was something like this:

http://www.fernco.com/dimensional-dr...056/1056-075-0

not sure if that was the size I got but I just took the clamps off and slipped it right over the factory bump to make it stick out a little further... i guess I could have used the camp on one end to make it sit even further out but I didn't want the clamp on the side near the tire.

Last edited by hypeiv; 07-06-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 35in Duratracs on an 18x9 rim with a 5 bs. They didnt fit. It hit the bottom of the bumper. I added the Rugged Ridge Spare tire spacer. It totally clears it now but you can see this is not a long term solution. A new rear bumper with tire carrier is in my future.

Quick Reply: Stock JK tire carrier